When the faze ends

My world stopped spinning. My vision became clearer and the noise became clear as well. There are a vast majority of people in the room reminding me of a crazy dream I had a couple years ago where children were trapped in a unique dimension where they go into the water they appear right back on the land and the Doctor was trying to figure out how this is possible. This version of the Doctor I dreamed up was the one portrayed by Matt Smith.

Anyway, back to where I am in.

Many of these people look like they come from different nations around Earth. I can hear unfamiliar languages spoken in the room including English. The room is quite large and vast to be honest. I pause my mp3 by pressing the middle button and slide the small wiggly button. The Coby sign pops up briefly before diving into darkness. I put the mp3 into my backpack pocket.

For once there wasn't any entertaining and interesting ideas running around my head.

"Hello," Came the voice of a boy.

I jump two feet off the floor.

My shoes then land back down on the metal floor and I start tipping over losing my balance. I had my arms spread out but that didn't help at all. I land on the floor backpack first. A young boy shortly laughs looking over me sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. I see a small birthmark on his nose.

"Uh, sorry for startling ya. My name is Richard Bailey," Richard said, then held his hand out. "What about you?"

"Ivy Bell," I said, taking Richard's hand. "But you can call me Ivy."

Woah, I am talking slow.

Five points for Ivy!

"Hah," Richard said,helping me up. "That's a funny name."

"I know," I said, letting go of his hand. "I've heard plenty of name calling 'Poison Ivy'."

Richard raises his eyebrows.

"That's not I am meaning," Richard said. "I meant how the words relating to a plant and a former national historical item relate to your name."

Wow, I was just caught off guard.

"You know your history," I said, earning a shrug from Richard. "And your words."

Richard looks like a seventeen year old.

"A kid like me gets that a lot." Richard said, gloomy.

"Kid?" I ask.

"I am fourteen." Richard said.

I gasp.

"I am eighteen." I said.

Richard's eyes went huge.

"I wish I had your height." Richard said.

I nod.

"I wish I had yours." I said.

"We should get a genie one of these days and make that wish!" Richard said.

God he made me laugh so hard.Last time I laughed that hard was when my speech teacher had to tell me that she wasn't saying "Miss Sestimate" but "Miss S, the manager" during one of our sessions. I wipe off my tears of joy from under my glasses.

I feel better having a good laugh.

"So," I said. "Where's your dad?"

"Somewhere around in the room," Richard said. He points towards a tall man with nice brown hair and a nice body build. "The rapture took my mom and little sisters. What about you?"

"I only know my grandparents and quite possibly my other siblings have been raptured." I said. "And my parents."

"Wowzers," Richard said. "You got it hard."