• 9 •

After I had paid the bill, we said goodbye to Lorenzo, along with the other waiters, and eventually left.

It was only about 7.30pm, so we still had plenty of time to have some fun when we got back to mine.

"So Jade, have you seen a bag, shoes and jewellery you would like me to get you?" I asked as I was turning a corner.

"For what?"

I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion and glanced over at her, "for letting me tie you up yesterday?" I said and looked back at the road.

She sighed and even though I wasn't looking at her, I could tell that she had rolled her eyes as well.

"Don't roll your eyes at me" I warned.

She sighed again and looked out her side window.

"Why are you getting an attitude now?" I chuckled half in frustration and half in disbelief. This girl, man.

"Because I don't want anything, Robert" Jade snapped back and looked at me.

"But that was the whole point?!" I replied while looking at her in pure confusion.

She snorted at this and shook her head, again looking out of her side window.

I could tell this was a sensitive subject, so I decided to drop it. "Okay," I said softly and focused on the road again, "I won't get you anything then. I'm sorry" I apologised. For what though? I have no idea.

From then on, the rest of the drive was a little awkward. I don't know why she got funny about that because anyone else would be all over my offer. Especially since I said it doesn't matter how much it cost.

We finally got to the underground parking for my apartment, and I parked into my usual space.

"Here we are" I said and smiled at her once I turned the engine off.

She smiled back at me, which I guess was a good sign?

I grabbed the wine bottle and hopped out of the car. Just as I closed the door, Jade got out her side.

"Uh excuse me, get back inside" I demanded.

She turned around and looked at me in confusion, "sorry?"

"Get back inside the car, please."

She hesitantly got back inside, "um... Okay..."

I waited for her to close her door again until I walked over to her side. I reopened her door and held my hand out for her to take. "My lady" I said and then flashed her a grin.

"Oh my god," she face palmed, "you're so stupid" she then chuckled to which I laughed at. She took my hand and climbed out of the car, "thank you, sir."

"You're welcome, miss" I grinned again.

That's better. I thought I needed to break the ice a little because I didn't want to do anything to her when there's awkward tension between us. It just wouldn't be fun for either of us.

While we were in the elevator going back up to my penthouse, I squeezed Jade's hand a couple of times to get her attention. "You really do look beautiful today" I smiled at her as soon as she looked up at me.

She blushed and looked away, "thank you, Robert."

With my other hand, the one that I was using to hold the wine bottle, I gently took hold of her chin and directed it back so she was looking up at me again. "I'm serious, you really are beautiful. However... I am looking forward to seeing you in something else soon" I then smirked.