4

The doors to the bridge of the Helicarrier had long closed as the large vessel continued to rise in the sky, Nadia looking around as dozens of agents sit in front of their monitors, this was definitely something she wasn't used to, walking at Steve's side, his arm brushing against hers every now and then. She still couldn't believe that after all those years, she finally found one of her soulmates, wondering what would have happened if she didn't agree to help Fury locate the Tesseract. Maybe she would have met him some other day, but she was glad that it was today.

"We're at lock, sir" Agent Maria Hill informed

"Good" Fury replied "let's vanish"

The large ship suddenly covered itself in reflecting mirrors, which camouflaged in the sky. Steve, Nadia and Banner walked through the gleaming bridge,

"Gentlemen" Fury greeted "Miss Ryan"

Steve looked out the large window, pulling his wallet out of his pocket and opening it, removing a ten dollar bill and handing it over to Fury. Nadia rose an eyebrow slightly at the exchange, Fury taking the money with a small smirk, walking over to Banner and extending his other hand, Banner reluctantly shaking it,

"Doctor, thank you for coming" Fury said

"Thanks for asking nicely" Banner replied, light sarcasm in his voice "uh . . how long am I staying?"

"I would like to know that as well" Nadia spoke up, looking at Fury

"Once we get our hands on the Tesseract, you're both in the clear" the director replied, turning to look at Nadia

"And where are you with that?" Banner asked, adjusting his glasses

Fury turned to Agent Coulson to explain, while Natasha eyes an image of Agent Clint Barton on a computer monitor, Nadia's eyebrows furrowing slightly at the image,

"We're sweeping every wirelessly accessible camera on the planet" Phil Coulson replied "cellphones, laptops. If it's connected to a satellite, it's eyes and ears for us"

"That's still not gonna find them in time" Natasha spoke up, looking at Coulson

"You have to narrow the field" Nadia said, looking over at Fury "how many spectrometers do you have access to?"

"How many are there?" Fury asked, looking at her

"You'll have to call every lab you know, tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them for gamma rays" clasping her hands in front of her

"We'll rough out a tracking algorithm based on cluster recognition" Banner added "at least we could rule out a few places. Do you have somewhere for Nadia and I to work?"

"Agent Romanoff, would you show Dr. Banner and Miss Ryan to the laboratory, please?" Fury instructed

Natasha nods and walking off, leading Banner and Nadia down the hall,

"You're gonna love it" Natasha said with a small smile "we got all the toys"

Nadia turned around slightly, giving Steve a small smile, raising her hand and waving to him, her smile growing a he returned it with a smile of his own. He turned to look at Fury, who had been speaking to him, Nadia watching as he gave him a small nod. She turned back around, paying attention to where she was going, walking behind Bruce without another word, the other man was happy that she had finally found her soulmate as well. There was a new light growing in her eyes, he could easily see that. She knew Logan wouldn't like the fact that she had finally found one of her soulmates since he was still in love with her, he had never liked the idea of letting her go, but she hoped he would say least be happy for her. And she hoped Charles would approve of him when the time came, and maybe she would bring Steve to the school, but she didn't know just yet, especially since she had just met him.

Natasha led the two to their lab, informing them that she would be back soon before walking away, the redhead casting one last look at her own soulmate, a small smile forming on her lips. Nadia reached up, putting a small earpiece in her left ear, connecting herself to Prime,

"Prime, access all technology on this ship" Nadia instructed "make sure you aren't spotted, and give me everything you can find on Shield"

"Right away, miss" Prime responded "accessing technology now"

"You still have an issue with trust" Banner commented, getting to work

"I just like to know what I'm dealing with" Nadia countered, placing herself in front of a large monitor, knowing Prime had already taken care of the security cameras "Fury doesn't know about my mutation" tapping on the monitor "he has a file on me, but it only informed him of my Degrees, and everything I ever did at school, nothing else of what I've done in the past. As far as he knows, I live alone with Ebony"

". . . You found your soulmate" changing the subject

She couldn't help the smile that formed on her lips, which caused Bruce to let out a chuckle, knowing she felt like a lovestruck teenager, but it was to be expected. It always happened when one first finds their soulmate. To say Steve was handsome was putting it lightly, Nadia couldn't exactly find the right word to describe him, the way he looked at her was like he had just seen the most beautiful woman in the world. Whenever she thought of the way he looked at her, would cause a blush to form on her cheeks, she even hoped Ebony would like him, since animals had that sense that some humans didn't have. But then again, Nadia wasn't exactly human. Just by looking at him, Nadia could tell that he was a good person, and he would protect the ones he cares about, but she wouldn't read his mind unless she felt it necessary, she just hoped he would accept her power. Nadia didn't want Steve to fear her in any way, she didn't know what she would do if he was ever scared of her. Hell, she wouldn't know what to do if anyone aas scared of her.