Chapter Two: Project Saftey

"We have to go" Sophie begged Mr. Forkle. They had held the meeting in Sophie's bedroom "I know..." Mr. Forkle started rubbing his temples.  "But we need to plan and prepare-"."No! We need to stop wasting time planning! He could remember he has his pendant on as we speak! We have to find him!" Sophie interrupted. "I suppose, as long as your parents are ok with it, you, Sandor, and your friends can go try and find him." Mr.Forkle said sighing so long it made Sophie's lungs hurt just thinking about it. "YES!" shouted Sophie. "Hey, Dad! Can I go to the forbidden cities and bring Keefe back?" she shouted down the hall. "I guess you'll do it anyway, so just bring Sandor with you!" she heard Grady reply. Sophie heard Sondor chuckle a little from his post by the door. Sophie hailed Dex, Biana, and Fitz and told them to come on over. When they had all gotten there Sophie had told them everything that happened. Dex knew the first part, but everyone else was surprised. "Why didn't you tell me?" asked Fitz, reaching for her hand, looking a little hurt. They had broken up from a two-week relationship a few months ago. Sophie no longer felt a flutter in her heart when they touched, nor did she see his stunning teal eyes floating about in her dreams. "Well I only found out where he was yesterday," Sophie said pulling her hand away.  "Do we go now?" asked Biana, who was sitting closer to Dex than necessary. "I suppose so," said Mr.Forkle. The group went outside near the cliff. Dex, Fitz, Biana, Sophie, Sandor, Ro, and Grizel lined up in that order. Sophie studied a picture of a house closest to where Keefe was. Once she had it memorized she folded up the picture and they stepped off the cliff. The void cracked open, and they landed with a thud on the soft green grass. They had brought an obscure to make sure that no humans saw them but- "Eeee!" they heard a girl next to them scream. "Y-y-you look li-like me." Sophie heard the girl say. Sophie turned and saw a girl, who looked to be about fourteen, pointing at Grizel with a shaky finger.  The girl had long blonde hair, blue eyes, and a strangely goblin-looking nose. Not only that, but her skin was kind of greyish tone to it, it looked kink of rocky like Ro's. She was a tall girl with muscley arms that were slightly too long for her. "What are you?" Sophie blurted. "Oh...sorry...that came out rude. You don't have to answer..." she said quickly. "No. You're ok. My name is Quink, and I'm a...well I don't know what I am." said the girl-Quink- sadly. "My family thought I was deformed and threw me out for being quote on quote 'an eyesore'" Quink said putting air quotes around the word eyesore. "You most certainly are not an eyesore!" Sandor burst out angrily. "You are, or we think you are, the outcome of Project Saftey," added Grizel helpfully. "Project what?" everyone asked in unison. "Project Safety. We modified her DNA when the Black Swan realized how much protection Sophie would need. This girl has elven, goblin, and ogre DNA inside of her," Sandor explained. "Oh," Quink breathed. "It all makes sense now. Why I can hear and smell well. I can also do this," said Quink snapping her fingers and a gun appeared in her hand. "Is that normal for all...whatever-I-ams?" she asked Sandor. "Well... you are the only one of your kind," said Sandor carefully. "Oh," said Quink bluntly snapping the gun away. "Well then... can I come with you?" she asked timidly. "Sure," Sophie answered for him. "We just have to go get my friend Keefe first. Then we are going home." "Ok. Let's go find him and go to your home," said Quink. "If that's ok," she said looking at Sandor for permission. Sandor let out a squeaky sigh. "Ok," he said. "And I think I know where this Keefe of yours is," said Quink. "Is he a hot blonde guy, Ice blue eyes, and a lost look on his face?" she asked. "Yay he is!" said Sophie excitedly, ignoring the "lost look on his face" part. Sophies face reddened when she realized she had technically just called Keefe hot. "Well he asked if he could stay with me for a while and I told him sure. He crashed on the sofa," Quink said pointing to a small brick house. "Woop Woop! Goblin-Ogre-Elf, girl for the win!" Ro shouted. Ro marched into the house with a piece of duck tape and came back out with a squirmy blonde boy, who had a piece of tape on his mouth. "Keefe!" Sophie cried with relief. She ran over to him. "Are you ok?" she whispered to him. Keefe nodded. Sophie slapped Keefe hard in the face. Everyone stared at her with surprise. "That is for running off again!" she said with tears in her eyes. Everyone got in a circle and Sophie pulled out her home crystal. "This is going to be a big surprise coming home with two people," said Sophie as they leaped back to Everglen.

(Hey guys! How do you like Quink so far? Post in the comments what you think so far. I know she's a little bit weird, but she'll start to grow on you. I promise. I won't be able to write next week. I'm going on vacation. I hope you guys like the story so far. Love you guys so much, stay happy, stay safe, and keep dreaming! Word count 948)