Chapter One: The Note

(Takes place after unlocked)

Sophie woke up a little later than usual. She stretched and went over to pet Iggy. "Did Dex change your color again?" She asked the tiny Imp. He was all different colors with tiger stripes. Then Sophie saw the note. The note that would change everything. The note that said Keefe had left. "Please forget about me. It will be better for everyone that way." he had said. She read over the note and fell on her knees. "Gone. Again. I need him..." she whispered to herself. She sobbed and sobbed until she felt a big hand on her shoulder. "It will be ok," said Sandor's squeaky voice. He was surprisingly gentle for a seven-foot-tall goblin warrior.  "I thought he cared" Sophie whispered. "I think...this is Keefe's way of showing he cares," Sandor said carefully. Sophie thought about that. "I have to find him. Show him what it looks like to care.," Sophie said standing up. "Just know that I go where you go. If you do anything dangerous I will be there to protect you." Sandor said. "Or you could just not do anything dangerous," said Grady from the doorway. "Hi Dad," said Sophie "You can't stop me from finding him, so don't try." "I know," said Grady. "At least let me help." "Okay," said Sophie reluctantly. She got dressed and came downstairs. Edaline had gone on a girl's trip with Juline and would be gone for a while. "Where do we start?" Sophie asked, "Let's start with some breakfast." said Grady. "Fine," said Sophie gulping down a bowl of green slime stuff that tasted like avocado toast. "Ok. Now let's see whe-" Grady got cut off by a loud banging on the front door. "Hello," said Sophie opening the door to see Ro the Ogre princess standing at the door. "I want to help. I know you're going after my scrawny little charge and I want to help," she said barging in. "Ok...Sure," said Sophie stunned. Ro was acting strangely determined to find Keefe. "Can't you do an elfy ming trick thing to find him?" asked Ro. "Well he has to answer, and given the fact that he said to not look for him I don't think he will," replied Sophie. After a few weeks searching his room, Sophie's room, and his old room at Alvars place Grady burst out "His pendant! Maybe he forgot he had it on!" It was a tiny strand of hope, but Sophie clung to it for dear life. Sophie pulled out her imparter.  "I don't think he'll answer," said Ro sarcastically. "I'm calling Dex," said Sophie rolling her eyes. "Show me Dex Dizzee," she told her imparter.  "Hey, Soph. What's up?" said Dex casually. "Keefehasrunawayandineedyoutohackintohisfeedandseeifheforgottotakeofhisregestrypendantandineedhimsoifyoucoulddoitsoon-" Sophie rambled getting cut off by Dex. "Woah Sophie slow down. Did you say Keefe ran off?" "Yay. He left me a note and I think he left his registry pendant on. Can you look and see?" said Sophie feeling nearer and nearer to a breakdown every minute. "Yay give me a sec." Said Dex gently. "Yay! Techy guy for the win!" Ro shouted pumping her fist in the air. "I would prefer Lord Of All Awesome Things." joked Dex. "Let's see you find Hunkyhair, and we'll talk," said Ro in mock sternness. "Well, you're in luck. It says here he's in a human city called Huntsville Alabama," said Dex triumphantly.

(Hey guys. This is my first story, so give me a little grace. I am open to anyone politely giving me advice. Also, I know I said this is a Sokeefe story, and I promise I will get there, I just need some story. And I'm sorry, I know this is a short chapter, but it is Tuesday and I have work to do. I Love you guys so much, stay happy, stay safe, and keep dreaming)