Chapter Three: Undone

"You have to say something!" yelled Sophie exasperated. Keefe shook his head and flopped down on the bed. "Please," Sophie whispered. "I need you," she said with tears clogging her throat. "I know Foster. I need you too." Keefe replied barely audible. He opened his arms and let Sophie sink into the hug. "I missed you," she whispered. "Me too," he said. It became embarrassingly hard to breathe when her eyes locked with his. Sophie heard someone clear their throat from the door. Sophie turned expecting to see Grady, but instead, she saw Fitz. Sophie shot Sandor a death glare for not warning her he was there. "Am I interrupting something?" he asked looking anywhere but Sophie. "No," said Sophie sitting up. "What's up?" "I came here to tell you Quink is going to be getting trained by the goblins starting tomorrow...but I'll leave," Fitz said looking hurt. No-one stopped him. Sophie lied back down then sat up so fast it hurt her head. "What if you can turn it off! Like I can with mine!" she said. "You're a genius," Keefe said carefully keeping his tone in check.  "Ok. You have to tell me about what each of your abilities makes you feel. We can start with empathy because you have had it for the longest. Tell me how it makes you feel. And be honest" "Well... Overwhelmed, powerful, and understanding. Overwhelmed, because I feel both my emotions and the other person's emotions. Powerful, because I can tell when people are lying, and understanding, because I can tell what they are feeling even if they don't quite know themselves." he said quietly. "Great, now Polyglot. Two things for how that makes you feel." Sophie said with a little of the hope leaking into her voice.  "Um, Powerful, and relative. Powerful, because well...you're powerful and relative...and you're a polyglot so..." he trailed off. Sophie flushed but continued. "Now this new power. How does it make you feel?" she asked. Keefe looked down. Sophie put her hand under his chin and made him look at her. "Please. I need to know if this will work," she begged.  "It makes me feel...manipulated," Keefe said with a single tear rolling down his cheek. Then he gasped. "It worked Foster! It worked!" he shouted jumping off the bed and picking Sophie up and spinning her around. "How do you know?" asked Sophie as he set her down. "I felt this little nerve and it was like I just switched off a light switch," Keefe replied with a huge grin on his face. Sophie smiled and asked, "Can you try and turn it back on?" "I can try," he said his smile fading. "Ok. I turned it back on. Can I turn it off again?" he asked after a minute. "Of course!" Sophie replied hugging him. "I missed you," she whispered in Keefe's ear. "Me too Foster. Me too," he said hugging her back. "Do it now Hunkyhair!" Ro yelled from the hall. "Not right now!" Keefe yelled back somehow understanding what she meant. Keefe tried to pull away, but Sophie pulled him back. They sat like that for a few minutes, before they heard someone clear their throat in the doorway. They jumped about five feet apart. "What was all this about turning his new ability off?" Grady asked. "Well, I-" Sophie started. "Well Foster being a genius and all,  helped me turn my new ability off, so now I can talk without being scared." Keefe interrupted, with a huge grin. Sophie looked at him getting lost in thought. She smiled and gazed at Keefe and blushed when Grady cleared his throat. "What?" Sophie asked. "I asked how you did it," said Grady. "Oh, Well I showed him how I turned off my Enhancing, and it worked for his new ability," Sophie replied. "That's great!" Grady said. "I'm going to go...um...hail...a person. Yay that," he said stumbling to find words. He turned around and hustled off. Sophie and Keefe shared a look and burst out into laughter. "Did..you see...the look on...his face... when he...saw...us hugging?" Sophie asked through laughs. "Pretty sure...he almost...peed himself!" Keefe replied falling on the floor laughing. Sophie walked over and lay down next to him. "It's good to have you back Keefe," she said and Keefe scooted in closer. Sophie laid her head on his chest and said "Keefe...why would you leave me?" she asked Keefe. "I thought...well I thought it would keep you safe. I hated the fact I could hurt you." he said sighing. They sat and talked for what seemed like hours before Keefe said "I should probably go. Do you want to hang out tomorrow?" "Yay. I would like that. My place around eleven?" Sophie asked, "See you then." Keefe said as he stood to leave. "I'm glad your back Keefe." said Sophie as he pulled out his home crystal. "Me too Foster, Me too." Keefe said stepping into the light with Ro.

(Hey guys! I hope you guys are enjoying this so far. I hope this chapter was pleasing for all of you sokeefe shippers out there. Sorry about the fact that not all the characters are very relative in the story. Next chapter I will make sure all the characters are relative enough. I love you guys so much! Stay happy, stay safe, and keep dreaming.)