Chapter Four: The Kiss

"Hey Bi, Can I ask you something?" Sophie asked over the imparter. "Ok?" Biana said worriedly.  "If I were to you know...stop being oblivious..."Sophie trailed off. "What?" Biana asked exited now. "I think I like Keefe!" Sophie blurted before she could change her mind. "Oh My God! Finally! It took you long enough." Biana said with relief. "So do I tell him..." Sophie asked. She had turned as red as a tomato but still continued.  "YES!" Biana squealed. "FITZ! GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE!" she screamed. "Hey what's up?" came Fitz's crisp accent. "Sophie finally figured it out" Biana squealed. "Great! Keefe will be ecstatic. That is...are you going to tell Keefe?" Fitz asked with forced happiness. "Tell Keefe what?" came a voice from the door. Keefe was standing in the doorway with Ro half fallen over with laughter. "Keefe! Nothing! Nothing! We were absolutely not talking about you! Nothing!" Sophie said hysterically. She hit the hang-up button and threw the Imparter at Sondor, who caught it, and broke into a fit of Goblin giggles. Keefe looked startled. "Man, if you were talking about how hot I am you could have just said so." He said flashing his famous smirk. It hit a little too close to home for Sophie's comfort, and her face turned so red it looked like she might be a strawberry. "Whew Foster! Nervous much?" Keefe asked fanning the air. "Library! Yay, let's go there!" Sophie said ignoring his question. "Why?" Keefe asked. "To see if...to see what Quink will be doing for her training! Yay, that." Sophie said fighting with her hands. "Ok?" Keefe said walking over to Sophie and taking her hands. "What's wrong?" he asked. Sophie met his eyes and blushed furiously. "Nothing. I have never been better." Sophie said giving him a hug. "Ok," said Keefe disbelievingly. "To the library!" he said taking Sophie's hand and marching her outside. They walked to the library, that Grady just had built. They walked in and sat on two huge seats in front of a huge fireplace that had a fire dancing merrily in it. "So what are we looking for?" Keefe asked. "I...don't know. I guess we can just sit and talk." Sophie sighed. "I'm down," said Keefe coming to sit next to Sophie on the huge couch. They talked for hours. "Keefe?" Sophie asked quietly after a while. "What up Foster?" Keefe asked. "I...I think...I think  I might... might like you...like...like-like you." Sophie stuttered. "What?" Keefe asked shocked. "You know never mind. Pretend I didn't say anything" Sophie said blushing madly. "No Foster. Wait." Keefe said as Sophie got up to leave. He stood up and grabbed her hand. "I like you too. I have since the moment I met you." Keefe said, his face barely an inch away from Sophies. He carefully cupped her cheek in his hand and closed the distance. Their lips met and it was like lightning. Sophie put her hands around his neck. Nothing had ever felt more natural in her whole life. At that moment she knew. Keefe was her missing piece. Once he fell into place, it closed a hole in Sophie's heart she never knew she had. She kissed him passionately. Someone cleared their throat from the other side of the room. Sophie turned expecting to see Sondor or Grady, but she not only saw both of them, but Fitz, Dex, Biana, Mr.Forkle, and Edaline were there too.  "We have been looking for you two for hours." said Grady angrily. "Oh god," thought Sophie as she turned and ran out the door with Keefe, Ro, and Sandor her side. Sophie sat crying into Keefe's shoulder. "It'll be ok, Foster," Keefe promised to let her scoot closer. After a while, Sophie heard a small knock on the door. "Can I come in?" asked Edaline's soft voice from the hall. Sandor looked at Sophie for approval. Sophie gave a small nod. Edaline came in and sat down on the floor next to Sophie. "How mad was Grady?" Sophie asked after a minute. "Shockingly he was less upset than Dex was." her adoptive Mom replied quietly. "Why was Dex upset?" Sophie asked sitting up. "Because you didn't tell him. He said and I quote 'I'll let Sophie pass this time, but if any of you make fun of her and Keefe, expect to find yourself bald when you wake up.'" Edaline said. Sophie smiled. "What about you? How upset are you?" She asked. "I'm just happy you and Keefe are happy. " Edaline said gesturing toward Keefe, who had fallen asleep. "He's a fine young man you know? He has been through a lot but still cares about you." she said, "I know." said Sophie leaning back down onto Keefe's shoulder. "And you're cute together." said Edaline as she shut the door behind her. "Yay, I guess we are." mumbled Sophie sleepily.

(I told you guys this was a Sokeefe fanfic. I hope You guys enjoyed this. Please make sure to share this with all the Sokeefe shippers you know. I absolutely love to write, and I hope you like reading as much as I like writing because there is a lot more coming. I love you guys so much! Stay happy, stay safe and, keep dreaming.)