★彡[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 40]彡★

★彡[ᴏɴᴇ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ]彡★

John and Paul had made up and were friends again, but there was still an unspoken tenseness between the two of them.

Abby didn't know what had happened between the two of them, but she knew that something had... and she had initially been quite annoyed with Paul for refusing to tell her what it was and what it had been over.

But they were in the studio again, and Abby was there with them. Of course she was; she was their assistant - but it was getting more and more tiring for her to work the long days that she had done before.

How, she wondered, had she ever made it through the shifts at the cafe?

"You okay?" Paul asked as he threw himself into the seat beside her own. Abby had noticed him come in the kitchen, but she had not expected him to take a seat.

She had thought that he would be too busy. They had been working hard all day, afterall.

Before Abby and Paul had been dating, she had thought about him. She had thought that a Beatle did not spend all of his time exclusively in the studio; didn't they tour, or do press interviews?

Apparently not.

"Abs?" Paul asked, taking her hand in his because she had not given him an answer and he wanted her immediate attention. She hummed in reply, looking at him as if she had been in a daze. "You okay?"

Abby resisted the urge to put her hand over her belly. She had been doing that a lot, lately. She was surprised that she had not told him yet... but she wanted it to be her secret for a little longer - and the less time that Paul knew, the less time there was for him (or another member of the band) to tell the press.

She would hate for the press to get wind of their baby.

They barely knew about Abby... and they had not yet done an exposé on her... which she was expecting every day.

"Yeah, I'm just -" the baby inside of her wiggled around. She bit her lip, wincing. There was no way she wanted to give away to him what was really going on. "A bit uncomfortable." She pulled at her shirt; a loose one, as they all were now. Abby pretended that it was not a nice material so Paul wouldn't get suspicious.

"Well," Paul said lowly as he took the cup of tea from in front of Abby and sipped at it, blowing away the steam as he did so, "why don't we take a road trip?"

"A road trip?" Abby echoed, "that won't help."

How would being cooped up in a car help with her being uncomfortable during a pregnancy?

Paul replied, "I never said it would. I just said about going on a road trip."

Abby, despite herself, smiled and leaned over, kissing Paul's cheek. "Where are we going to, driver?"

Paul put his arms around her and pulled her across her chair so her head was resting on his chest. He was very careful not to pull her off entirely; he knew about the pregnancy, but she didn't know that he knew.

"Home." Paul said simply.

"To Liverpool?" Abby asked in surprise, moving her head so their eyes would meet.

Paul nodded, humming in reply. Abby heard his shirt brush against the skin of his neck she was so close to him. 

"Think it's about time you met my family, Abby. My dad and his new wife, and my brother and stepsister."

Abby's heart was beating rapidly in her chest, but she agreed.

She was having his baby, for Heaven's sake! Yes, it was about time she met his family... her baby's family.