Chapter 2: Ai's first Cardfight

Ai and Koy: STAND UP VANGUARD!

Koy: Double Gun of Dust Storm, Bart.

Ai: Knight of Heavenly Bow, Base.

Koy: Ok when your turn starts, you draw a card, and now we can ride, which means our vanguard becomes a different unit. We can ride from our hand, or we discard a card from our hand, and ride a card 1 grade higher than your current vanguard from your ride deck. For me, I'll discard a card to ride Gunning of Dust Strom, Nigel (8k). And now since I'm going first, I can't attack you, so I end my turn.

Ai: Ok I draw, and I discard a card, to ride Knight of Heavenly Sword, Fort(8k). I'm going second I can draw from Base?

Koy: Yeah man. Units have skills which makes them special.

Ai: I draw.

Koy: Now you can attack by resting a unit to a horizontal position.

Ai: Ok, I attack with Fort.

Koy: Since your Vanguard attacks, you can do a drive check.

Ai: A drive check?

Koy: Yeah, you reveal the top card, and add it to your hand.

Ai: Ok, drive check. *drive checks a critical* What's this?

Koy: You got a trigger, when it's checked, you gain 10k power to a unit like Fort, and depending on the trigger you can activate it's ability. Yours is a critical trigger, so I have to take another damage from your attack.

Ai: What damage?

Koy: When an attack hits my vanguard, I take a damage check which is like a drive check but it goes to the damage zone, and if I have 6 damage, I lose. The same goes for you. So my damage checks. *checks a G2 and a draw.* Draw trigger's effect is that I draw when checked.

Ai: So that's what a damage check is. Well I guess I end my turn.

*Ai:0 Koy:2*

Koy: Nice, you're getting the hang of it already. I draw and if I had a rested unit I had to stand it first before a draw.

Ai: Oh so it's a stand and draw phase.

Koy: Yeah basically. Now I discard a card to ride Cataclysmic Bullet of Dust Storm, Randor. Skill of Nigel, when he's rode upon, I soul charge meaning the top card of my deck goes to my soul.

Ai: So the soul is basically like cards you ride, or put on the vanguard circle that isn't the vanguard.

Koy: Yeah, now attack Randor. If you have cards with a shield symbol on the side, you can put it on the middle of the table to guard meaning blocking my attack, but be careful cuz triggers gain 10k power.

Ai: Ok, then I'll guard. *guards with the critical trigger 15+8=23k*

Koy: Drive check. *checks a heal.* Heal trigger, if I have more damage or same amount as you, I can send one card from the damage zone to the drop. My attack still didn't get through, so I end my turn. Are you used to this yet?
*Ai:0 Koy:1*

Ai: Yeah, stand and draw. I discard a card, to ride Knight of Heavenly Spear, Rooks. Skill of Fort, I reveal 2 G3 from my hand. *reveals 2 G3s* I reveal the top card. *top card is Rafluke* If it's a unit I have to call it?

Koy: Oh I forgot, call is your rear guards on the rear guard circle. The front row can attack though.

Ai: Ok so I'll call Rafluke. Rooks attacks.

Koy: No guard.

Ai: Drive check.

*Ai checks a Bastion and Koy's damage is a Eugene*

Ai: Ralfuke attack.

Koy: I'll guard *guards with a G2*

Ai: I'll end my turn.
*Ai:0 Koy:2*

Koy: My turn, stand, and draw. I discard a card, ride Eugene. Skill of Randor, I draw, and I put a card from my drop to my soul. *puts the G2 he guarded with in the soul* Now I call 2 Nigels. Now Eugene's skill, I rest the two Nigel to retire your Rafluke, which means your rear guard goes to the drop.

*Rafluke retires*

Koy: Now Eugene's main skill, SB5 which means the cards from the soul goes to the drop, and if I do the SB5, I look at the top 5 cards of my deck, and I call as many as I want, the rest goes to my soul.

*Koy calls a G1, and 2 G2s, the rest goes to the soul*

Koy: Watch out Ai, G1s or less in the back row can rest to give the unit attacking at the same column power, it's called a boost.

Ai: I see.

Koy: So now with a boost from Nigel, Randor attacks. (18k)

Ai: Guard! *guards with a heal 10+15=25k*

Koy: Eugene attack!

Ai: No guard.

Koy: Grade 3 vanguard has twin drive, meaning 2 drive checks in a row. Pretty cool yeah? Now let me show you what it can do. *checks a Critical and a Front* Front triggers give the front row 10k, and as for the critical, I'll give the critical to the vanguard, and power to the Randor that hasn't attacked yet.

*Ai's damage is a draw, and a critical*

Koy: And now attack Randor!

Ai: No guard.

*Ai's damage is a Fort*

Koy: I end my turn. What can you do now Ai?

*Ai:3 Koy:2*

Ai: Stand, and draw. *hears a voice* What is that?

Bastion: My vanguard, I'm here for you when you need me.

Ai: Was that you?

Koy: Are you ok?

Ai: I am. I discard a card, and now I ride Apex Ruler, Bastion!

Koy: That's Bastion?

Ai: Skill of Rooks, I reveal 3 G3s from my hand. *reveals 3 G3s* And I draw, and I call. *calls 2 Raflukes, and 3 G1s* Now Rafluke to the left attack!

Koy: No guard man.

*damage was a G3*

Ai: Bastion, my avatar attack!

Koy: Sure, Go for it man!!

Ai: Drive check. *drive checks were a critical trigger and a G3* Power to Rafluke to the right, and critical to the vanguard.

*Koy's damage was a G2, and a G3 giving him 5 damage*

Koy: (I'll be ok, what's the worst he can do?)

Ai: Bastion's skill activates.

Koy: Wait what?

Ai: If I drive check a G3, I discard a card from my hand, and I stand Rafluke, and he gains 10k power. *25k* Bastion also gives all G3 2k power. *

Koy: What!

Ai: Rafluke to the right, attack!

Koy: (I have to take one of them, I can get a heal trigger, and guard the next attack.) No guard. Damage check.

*the damage was a Eugene, meaning Ai won*

Koy: I lost. You were incredible for your first fight Ai.

Ai: Thanks Koy, I at first didn't care about Vanguard, but now I love it.

Koy: Glad to hear it my man.

Ai: (Thanks Bastion, I think I'm gonna enjoy Vanguard.)

???: Ai Sendou? My dad was his dad's rival from what I heard. I want to see how strong he goes, and he goes to the same school as I am. Ai Sendou we'll fight, and I'll win.

*ending plays 99% by Bowl*