chapter, 11

WITCHES IN RIVERDALE

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY. PT 1'

𝐅 𝐑 𝐈 𝐃 𝐀 𝐘
𝐎. 𝐂. 𝐓. 𝐎. 𝐁. 𝐄. 𝐑 𝟑𝟏𝐬𝐭

Sabrina Spellman | 3rd Person

Today was October 31st Halloween and Sabrina Spellman's birthday day. At first, she was excited and happy to be sixteen and share this moment with her family and friends but then the cruel reality of her situation settled in tonight was the night of her dark baptism a night her aunts have been preparing her for years. And a day she wished her parents could talk to her about.

But she's reminded every day by her life that they, not here that they're gone, and now she has to say goodbye to all her friends without even telling them the truth without telling Harvey the truth.

She sat up and looked at her left to see her familiar Salem fast asleep on the couch. She smiled to herself knowing that if anything happens she could depend on him to protect her.

She got out of bed and headed towards the bathroom to prepare herself for the events of the day.

When she exited the bathroom, Sabrina saw her aunt Hilda holding a beautiful dress in her hands.

"Aunt Hilda," Sabrina said. Her aunt glanced over to her.

"Morning," she said happily and cheerful as can be.

"This dress is beautiful," Sabrina said softly.

The dress was white with a beautiful flower design. It was short approximately just above the knee it had the perfect amount of lace and wasn't too puffy like other weddings dresses.

"This was your mom's wedding dress," Hilda announced. Sabrina now know that he was the dress her mom wore on her wedding day, suddenly felt herself longing to wear the dress to feel more close to her.

"They lived such a fairy tale, your parents did," Hilda spoke, "I thought you might wear them, at your baptism."

"Aren't witches only supposed to wear black to their baptism?" Sabrina questioned.

"Oh, that hasn't been a rule for years, decades," Hilda explained.

Sabrina went over to her bed and sat down admiring the dress. But as much as he wanted to wear it he couldn't help but think of her dark baptism and what to expect from it.

Hilda noticing her expression walked over to her and said "You know, you have nothing to be afraid of darling. I mean your aunt Zelda and I are going to be there and we'll make sure nothing bad happens to you. And then, you know, you'll see tomorrow, your gonna wake up, and well, you'll wonder what all the fuss was about in the first place."

Hilda let out a chuckle. Sabrina smiled at her aunt. She could see her aunt was trying to make her feel better, but sadly it wasn't working.

"Do you believe me?" she asked. "You have to be brave."

Sabrina went silent.

"I love you," Hilda said. She smiled brightly at her niece, and then got up and left the room.

Sabrina sighed getting up to look at herself in the mirror. She knew she had to snig her name in the Book of the Beast where she like it or not and yet she was trying to find a way to avoid it.