Chapter 11

Grace entered the office on Monday morning to find Ransom already in his office. He looked up and smiled at her as she entered, shutting the door behind her, "you're here early."

He nodded, standing up. "I wanted you to know I was serious about this." He rested his hands at her waist, "and about us Gracey."

Grace smiled, placing her hand in his hair as she leaned up to kiss him softly. "I appreciate that." She pulled away, setting her bag on the chair as she pulled his manuscript from it. "I stayed up all night to read this with the changes you made."

Ransom sighed, sitting back at his desk, "okay. And?"

She chuckled, removing her coat as she leaned against the desk next to him, "I love it Ransom. I need more."

He laughed, "well I can get you more. I didn't follow all your edit suggestions. But I hope you like what I did."

She nodded, "I really do. It's perfect Ransom. I'm publishing it. You just need to decide how you want your name. Hugh, Ransom. HR Drysdale. Whatever you want."

He sighed, "okay. I'll think about it." He grabbed her hand, pulling her to his lap as she straddled him in his chair, running his fingers through her hair. He removed her glasses, setting them on the desk as he placed his hand at the nape of her neck. He smiled as he heard her moan softly as he pulled her lips to his, softly at first as he let her set the pace.

She nibbled his lower lip gently before running her tongue along it, eliciting a small moan from him. She sighed, pulling away as he held her to him. "Tell me I'm not being stupid for giving you chance. Promise me you aren't going to hurt me Ransom."

He shook his head, "I promise I won't hurt you love. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't regret not following you to New York, to not going after you. I'm so sorry Gracey. I love you and I want to be with you."

She placed her hand on his cheek, "I haven't heard you say you love me in so long."

He smiled, "I know. But I do. I always have. You know that. Please Gracey, you're all I've ever wanted. I'm sorry it took me so long to say it."

She nodded, crashing her lips back to his as she heard him moan and she bore her hips down on him.

Ransom groaned, pulling away, "mean." He pushed her gently to make her get off him as she giggled, "Friday? Please?"

Grace nodded as she grabbed her stuff from the chair, "Friday." She stopped at the door, turning back to him, "I love you too Ransom. Don't make me regret this."

"You won't."

****************************************************************************

"Wow, Gracey. You look beautiful." Ransom held the door open to his car as he watched Grace approach him in a short blue lace dress with black booties and a black leather jacket.

She leaned up, kissing him on the cheek before getting into her seat, "you look pretty good yourself Ransom." She heard him chuckle before closing the door, going around to sit in the driver's seat. She leaned over to him, "I mean it. You look good. As if you actually put effort into what you were going to wear."

He laughed, looking down, "yeah. I actually bought an entire new sweater and jeans. Even shoes."

She smiled, "you never wear jeans."

"I know. I thought you'd like it." He smiled as he looked at her.

"I really do." She leaned over, kissing him before leaning back in her seat. "So. Where are we going?"

"Up state a bit. Just sit back." He turned on the radio before he rested his hand on her bare thigh as he began to drive.

Grace laughed, "Taylor Swift?"

He shrugged, "I know you like it. You're the one I want."

She giggled, nodding as she watched him smirk. "I love shiny things but I'd marry you with paper rings. Uh huh, that's right. Darling, you're the one I want. And I hate accidents except when we went from friends to this. Uh huh, that's right. Darling, you're the one I want. In paper rings, in picture frames, in dirty dreams. Oh, you're the one I want."

He grabbed her hand, pulling it up to his lips to kiss as she sang while he drove.

********************************************************************************

After dinner, Ransom helped Grace into the passenger seat before going to driver's seat.

"Now where?"

He started the car before turning to face her, "remember when you came down here on spring break and we spent the entire weekend at that little hotel?"

She groaned, "I still don't know how you talked me into that."

Ransom laughed, reaching into the backseat and handing her a vodka bottle, "with this."

Grace looked at the bottle, "oh god Ransom. I can't drink this bottom shelf shit anymore."

He laughed again, reaching back to pull out an expensive bottle of vodka before handing it to her. "I know. We've upgraded."

She laughed, resting her head back on the seat to look at him, "Ransom."

Ransom nodded, "I know. Tell me to take you home and I will. Otherwise, I have the same room as before."

"I don't have any other clothes."

He shrugged, "not that you need any, but I have a bag in the back. I guessed at your sizes."

Grace placed the bottles on the floor of the car at her feet before leaning over to pull him into a kiss. "Okay. Let's go." She laughed at his smile as they put on their seatbelts.

************************************************************************************

Grace giggled as Ransom kissed her neck from behind as she tried to remove her shoes. She turned to face him, "wait. I want to go get ice for the vodka."

He nodded, watching her leave the room.

Grace found some ice before heading back to the room, stopping short of the couple that was currently too occupied with each other's faces to figure out how to open their door across from hers and Ransom's. She laughed as she tried to pass them and the man turned around and she felt her heart sink to her stomach. She heard the door behind her open.

Ransom opened the door, hearing a commotion in the hallway to find Grace looking at the couple across the hall from them. He felt his face turn red with anger as he tried to step towards them but Grace pushed him into their room.

She shut the door as she watched Ransom pace.

"I'm going to kill him!"