Chapter 13

Grace moaned as she woke up to Ransom rubbing her back. She felt him lean down, kissing her shoulder, "what are you doing?"

Ransom chuckled, straddling her as she laid on her stomach, "good morning." He leaned down, planting kisses along her spine up to her neck as he heard her moan. He felt her push her hips back against him. "What do you want love?" He positioned himself back on her legs, gripping her hip.

She groaned, "Ransom. You know what I want."

"I do." He pulled her hips back to him, leaning down to her ear, "I want to hear you say it though."

Grace moaned loudly as she felt him teasing her, "I want to feel you Ransom, please." She heard him moan as he pulled her hips back to him once more, this time ramming in one quick thrust inside her. "Fuck!"

He gripped her hair in his hand, making her throw her head back, "is this what you wanted?"

She panted as she leaned up on her hands, pushing back against him, "god yes."

He chuckled, leaning down to kiss her neck, thrusting hard as he let her moans guide him. He released her hip, wrapping his arm around her, finding her clit.

"God...Ransom!" She heard him grunt, swelling inside her as she felt the waves washing over her between his last few thrusts.

She rolled over to face Ransom as he laid back next to her, out of breath, "do we have to go home?"

He smiled, resting his hand on her cheek, "unfortunately. We should just make it back in time for Sunday dinner."

She groaned, "do we have to go?"

He laughed, "normally I would say no. But after this weekend, I think we have to." He pulled his signet ring off his pinkie before grabbing her right hand, slipping it onto her ring finger.

She chuckled, "what is this? Going steady?"

He nodded, "something like that. I just want you to know I'm serious about us. I know it has taken a lot for you to let me back in. I promise you won't regret it."

She placed her hand at the nape of his neck, "I believe you. I just wish you let the world see just a small part of you that you let me see Ransom."

He groaned, "I know. You're my Achilles heel Grace."

She chuckled, "you have to stop quoting Taylor Swift to me."

He laughed, pinning her under him, "does it get you hot?"

Grace laughed, "it does." She heard him laugh as he pressed his lips to her collar bone, moving up to her neck.

****************************************************************************

"Fit okay?" Ransom looked at Grace the jeans and sweater he bought her as they approached the Thrombey house.

"They fit good Ransom. Thank you!"

He smiled, leaning down to kiss her on the head, "Meg helped."

She gripped his hand as he opened the door for them. They had their coats taken by Fran, "thank you."

Fran smiled and nodded, "of course. Everyone is in the sitting room. Dinner will be ready soon."

Grace heard Ransom sigh as she gripped his hand again, "it will be fine babe."

Ransom nodded as he walked hand in hand with her into the sitting room, everyone watching them as they sat on the couch next to each other.

Meg smiled at them, motioning to Grace's sweater, "looks good on you."

Grace nodded, "thank you Meg." She felt Ransom grip her hand firmly as he glared at his father. She leaned over to him, "wait until after dinner." He didn't say anything but she saw him nod before getting up to leave the room.

Fran came back into the room before Ransom returned to announce dinner. Grace found Ransom in Harlan's study, at his desk, drinking. She leaned against the doorframe, "dinner is ready."

He sighed, "okay." He watched her approach him as he held his arms out to her. She sat in his lap, burying her head in the crook of his neck. He sighed again, "come on. Let's go sit for dinner."

She nodded, standing up, grabbing his hand as she did. She followed him into the dining room, sitting in her spot next to him.

"So.... What's going on here?"

She heard Ransom groan as she looked up to see Joni smirking. Grace shrugged, "we are seeing how it goes." She looked at Ransom as he nodded his agreement. She looked at Richard, "I thought Richard would have told everyone already."

"Grace."

She felt Ransom squeeze her thigh as she looked at him, "no. You're right. We shouldn't wait."

"Wait? Wait for what?" Linda set her fork down, looking at Richard, "what are they talking about? Did you know about them?"

Ransom stood up from the table, "I took Grace to a hotel upstate for the weekend. When we were there we were surprised to find the couple across the hall to be none other than my father and some hussy."

Richard chuckled, shaking his head, "he's lying." He stood up as everyone watched him.

Grace stood up next to Ransom. "He isn't lying. I saw them too." She looked at Linda, "we aren't lying. We wouldn't do that."

Richard's face turned red with anger, approaching Grace, "you little..."

Ransom stepped in front of Grace, grabbing Richard by the arm. "You aren't welcomed here." He looked at his mother as she nodded her agreement.

Grace heard Richard pleading as Ransom led him to the front door, slamming it behind him. She looked back at Linda, "I'm really sorry."

Linda sighed, shaking her head, "I kind of suspected something. So thank you for confirming it."

Grace smiled as she sat back down with Ransom. "Actually, there is something else." She looked at Ransom who looked at her confused before groaning.

"Gracey, no."

She placed her hand on his, "they'll be happy Ransom." She heard him sigh as she looked out at everyone, "I'm publishing Ransom's first novel."

"What?!" Linda smiled, "you finally finished one?"

Ransom nodded, "with Grace's help. Yeah."

Grace squeezed his hand, "we just have to approve the cover. And a name." She smirked at Ransom, "maybe Hughie." She giggled as he clenched his jaw, shaking his head as people at the table laughed.

"Grace."

She giggled again, "I'm only kidding. I like H.R. Drysdale."

Ransom nodded, "me too."