Chapter 17

"Come on you." Grace moved to the side to let Ransom enter his apartment ahead of her. She set his stuff on the coffee table as he sat on the couch and she helped him take off his shoes. She looked up at him as he smirked at her, "you're really going to play up this whole broken arm thing, aren't you?"

Ransom shrugged, "maybe."

She laughed as she put their shoes away. She sat next to him, grabbing the house listings, "can we look at these now?" She saw him nod as she placed one on top. "I like this one."

Ransom smiled, "I thought you would like that one. I like that one too. We can go see it tomorrow if you want. I mean, as long as I'm allowed to call the pretty real estate lady." He grunted as Grace hit him in the stomach, "I just got out of the hospital over here."

Grace shook her head before straddling him on the couch, "you think she's pretty?"

"Oh. Someone's jealous." He laughed, wrapping his right arm around her as she pretended to pout. "You have nothing to be jealous of Grace. I don't know how many times I have to tell you that I love you. And only you."

She nodded, "I know. I love you too. I'm so sorry I didn't believe you Ransom. This is all my fault."

Ransom shook his head, "it isn't. I'm the one that disappeared and then drove drunk. Let's not worry about fault, okay? Let's just move on. Kiss me." He smiled as she nodded before pressing her lips to his. She moaned as she bore her hips down on him, feeling him hard under her. He pulled away, "I want you. Help me."

Grace nodded, standing up to help him take off his shirt over his broken arm before removing his pants and underwear.

He watched her, "now you. Undress for me."

Grace smiled, unbuttoning her blouse before dropping it to the floor as he watched her, "like this?" She giggled as he only nodded, watching her pull her jeans off as she stood in front of him in only her bra and panties. "More?"

Ransom nodded, "god yes. Keep going Gracey." He watched her remove her bra, her nipples already hard before sliding her panties off. She giggled as he grabbed her hand with his right hand, pulling her back to his lap. He moaned as she lowered herself onto him, "oh Gracey. You're all I ever want."

She nodded, moving on him quickly, "me too Ransom." She moaned as he brought his hand up to her cheek, pulling her lips to his as she felt his tongue against hers.

*********************************************************************

Grace woke up in the morning to Ransom groaning. She turned to face him to see him holding his arm, "babe? Are you okay?"

Ransom sat up, "yeah. I rolled onto my arm is all. Get me some aspirin?"

Grace nodded, "yeah. Of course." She went into the bathroom, coming out with a glass of water and aspirin for him. She sat on the bed next to him as he set the glass on the nightstand, "you have to be more careful."

"Yeah yeah. I'm fine Gracey. Now, are you going to give me a sponge bath before we meet Mary?"

Grace stood up, laughing. "You have those bags for your cast for a reason. I'll make you breakfast though." She laughed as he laid back on the bed, pouting.

He grunted as she jumped on him, straddling him on the bed, "I'm injured over here, can't be so rough with me." He smiled as she laughed and he ran his fingers through her hair. "I love you Grace. Your house closes soon, doesn't it?"

She sighed, "it does. I need to get the rest of my stuff out into the storage unit until you and I choose a house."

Ransom nodded, "we'll pick one today."

"Okay. Take a shower."

*******************************************************************

"Oh, Ransom, I love the long driveway." Grace drove up to the house they were looking to buy. "It's huge Ransom. We don't need a house this big."

He laughed, "we will when we start filling it with kids. It's 7 bedrooms."

Grace stopped at the house, turning off the car to look at Ransom, "I am not having that many kids."

Ransom laughed again, "I know. But a few. 3? 4? Just come look at it."

She sighed and nodded as they got out of the car, seeing Mary come out of the house.

She greeted Ransom first, "your arm! I heard what happened, are you okay?"

Ransom nodded, "I'm fine." He motioned to Grace, "this is Grace."

Mary smiled, "yes. Of course. He never stops talking about you."

Grace blushed as she grabbed Ransom's hand, following him into the house. She looked around the entryway and sitting room, "this place is beautiful Ransom."

He nodded, "I know. I've seen the house already. We're here for you." He grabbed her hand, "let's go all the way upstairs first."

Grace nodded and followed him to the giant attic room.

"I thought this could be our joint office. You can have one side and I can have the other. That way we each have our own space, but we're still together."

"I love it Ransom. There's a lot of light up here." She pointed to one wall, "and we can put bookshelves here."

Ransom smiled, "that's what I was thinking. Come on. I want to show you the master bedroom."

She grabbed his hand again as he led her to a closed door. He motioned for her to enter. She hesitated before opening the door to find the floor covered in roses. She gasped as she entered, "Ransom!" She turned around to see him on one knee, holding the ring box in his right hand.

"You kinda of ruined my other proposal, so I had to try again." He smiled as she laughed, tears welling in her eyes. He held the ring box out to her, "you'll have to open it yourself."

She laughed, accepting the ring box to display an emerald cut diamond solitaire engagement ring. She looked back up at Ransom.

"Will you marry me Gracey? Build a life here in this house with me?"

She nodded as she knelt in front of him, "of course I will Ransom. I love you."

He smiled as he watched her slip the ring on her finger before wrapping her arms around his neck. "I love you too Gracey."

*****************************************************************

"I think that's the last box Ransom. I can't believe you got the house to close so quickly. I don't have to get a storage unit."

Ransom smiled as they stood outside Gracey's house she shared with Tyler. He wrapped his arm around her, "I wanted to be with you as soon as possible."

She went to say something but heard a car pull into the driveway, her face turning white when she saw who it was. She groaned, "oh no."

Ransom turned around to see Grace's parents, "why oh no?"

"I never told them we were together Ransom. Or that I left Tyler." She groaned again as she watched them getting out of the car, confused at the moving truck and seeing her standing there with Ransom.

He grabbed her hand, "it'll be okay love."