Birthdays

Chapter 3

Day 11

I loved being at home, my mother and I had so much fun. I am actually glad I went home, while there my mother told me that she is finally getting my Dad's pension fund and other money. I can finally stop trying to break my back feeding her and my little sister because she can actually afford everything now. She gave me a thousand rand before I went back to PE, I wanted to cry because my mother acknowledged my sacrifices. I couldn't find time to myself because it was Ezile's birthday and she wanted us to go out. Ezile and I were housemates, different as we were she always made my time in varsity worth every second. We both studied Architecture unlike me she pursued her career but we still remained best friends and she never judged me for my decisions to be a domestic.
" Babe, we are all at Mamacita, should I come fetch you?"
She asked me
Me" Nope, I'll Uber to you. I just need to freshen up and charge my phone because I'm on 26%"
Ezile" No! I know your ass, we will buy a power bank somewhere if you really need a phone. Just get here already!!!"
Me" Fine, should I wear heels?"
Ezile" I am and so is Busi, so definitely. We all dressed up wethu"
Me" Okay"
"Ndiyeza"
I quick cleaned the important parts of my body, then applied lotion. I decided on denim shorts, an oversized white blouse and clear open toe heels. I grabbed a black clutch and a biker jacket because we were probably clubbing afterwards. I requested my ride and then switched off my phone when the Uber arrived.

The girlies were all wearing shade and already laughing, I went to join the fun. Ezile gave me a hug, and so did Busi. They knew about Zuko.
"Ndithi mistress"
Busi said and we all laughed
Ezile" Friendly!!! God I missed you"
Busi"Has he called?"
Me" Nope"
Ezile" It's only 4pm, he will call"
Busi" I don't think he will, maybe he got scared"
Me" I agree with Busi, plus I'm in 20% now, so I don't care"
Ezile" Ingxaki you are sober"
We ordered tequila and nachos because I was still hungry, 4 tequilas each and 3 Jager bombs each. We were laughing loud, dancing to music that was playing but I am sure we were off beat.
Busi" Let's settle the bill, I need amadoda. Fun without amadoda isn't what God created me for"
Out of the 3 of us Busi is the only one with a car, Ezile drives her mother's car.
" I think we should go park kwi garage then uber"
I suggested because we were all equally drunk.
Me" I'll drive your car"
Busi was drunker, I ordered her two bottles of water and ice so she can chew it.
"The waterfall Spar is better, I know that parking lot is safe"
So we did that, I played Wettin Dey Sup by Burna Boy then charged my phone. Ezile drive pass by us then hooted, I did the same. We arrived at our destination and Ezile was already chatting up so guy.
"How are you feeling?"
She continued eating her ice.
Busi" Better but still drunk"
Me" Let's buy you some ice cream"
We greeted the guys with Ezile then I left Busi in her car and ran to Spar. I bought ice cream and looked for a power bank but they didn't sell one. I went back to my friends, gave Busi her ice cream and Ezile some water.
Busi" So I am going to my boyfriend's place because I am way too drunk, need to sleep this off. It's only 7pm, so I'll probably come back around 10ish"
Me" Sounds like a plan"
Busi"I'll Uber then come back for my car tomorrow like we had initially planned"
Her Uber arrived, she left then went to Finezz with the guys Ezile was chatting up.
"Hennessy?"
She asked and I nodded
Me" Dashing with sparkling water today"
Ezile" Let's rather have it with Veuve"
Me" Sounds good"
We ordered and paid immediately for our alcohol because we know nightlife vultures. Ordered a meat platter.

By 9pm, I didn't even know my name and I was dancing to every song. We bought another bottle of champagne to celebrate Ezile turning 24. The guys we were with wanted champagne showers for Ezile's birthday, we went crazy. We were shocked to see that Busi also returned, we drank more shots. Ezile and I were poes drunk.
"Your phone"
Ezile said and Zuko's name filled my screen.
Me" Dj switch off the music ndoda yam is calling"
We all laughed, I grabbed my phone and ran outside.

"Hey, been trying to get hold of you"
He said and I smiled because he really chose me.
Me" It's Ezile's birthday... today. So my battery has been flat, keep switching my phone on and off"
Zuko" Uphi?"
Me" Drunk, like really drunk. So won't tell you because I don't want you to see me like this"
Zuko" And I respect that, how are you guys getting home?"
Me" Ezile or Uber"
Zuko" No, save my number ku Ezile. Call me when you want to leave and I'll ask my friend to come get you"
Me" Why not you?"
Zuko" Because you don't want me to see you drunk"
I giggled
Me" I want to cuddle with you tonight"
Zuko" Just go save me number and call me later"
Me" Okay ke"
Zuko" I'll wait up for you"
Me" Thank you"

#

Zuko's friend didn't speak to us, he dropped Ezile at her place. Busi's boyfriend fetched her, they didn't take Ezile because she lives in Walmer heights and Zuko is in Lovemore heights so it made sense for us to take her with us. His friend dropped me off and I went inside, the new place looked nice. I will judge it tomorrow.
"Hey you"
He gave me a hug and then kissed me.
Me" I need to sleep"
Zuko" First shower then sleep, you smell like a brewery"
Me" I know"
Zuko" Take the heels off my love"
Me" Whose place is this?"
Zuko" Hopefully ours, but we will circle back tomorrow"
Me" Sabelo called me a whore and a cunt"
"That's why I was crying that day, I didn't think this would hurt so many people"
Zuko" Come take a shower, we will deal with the negativity as it comes. For now, let's just focus on us"
Me" I am sorry"
Zuko" Why?"
Me" For making you choose between me and Samke, it was wrong"
Zuko" It was an easy choice. It will always be you"