Home coming

Chapter 11

1 YEAR Later

A year ago I lost so much in a matter of weeks,  my mother died and Zuko well he was no longer my Zuko. I lost all the big things that I wanted to have forever. Those changes knocked me out, I didn't however give up because there was no time to give up and feel sorry for myself. When I returned to PE, I had to find a school for my little sister because she is my responsibility now and she is only in grade 11.

Kungawo lived with me, we didn't sell our home. We both decided that we didn't have the strength to deal with that, I felt like each day was just a mission. I was exhausted, and I didn't want to get out of bed most of the time. But I had to get out of bed, I had to oversee so much. I didn't know Zuko had businesses, I thought he had a business but I was wrong. He had so much going on for him outside of his journalism career. I was suddenly responsible for payroll for his staff and just looking at his books. I understand why he told me I shouldn't stress for his medical bills, what he didn't realize though was that his funds for medical aid were done and we were coughing up exactly from the business. His uncle was still the only person who kept me in the loop, with Samke still being being wife things were just complicated. I am exhausted.

#
Day 450

" I am going out with Ezile and Busi, will you be fine?"
I asked Kungawo, she has adjusted well in PE. She liked her school, and well that's all that matters.
Kungawo" Without Ze?"
I laughed
Me" He is coming with me"
I didn't mention that I am now a mother, he's only 2 months old. He is the spitting image of his father. I gave birth alone, the day I gave birth Zuko was sent back to ICU because he was getting worse. I named my son Zenimdumise, because I still believe that God loves me. Zuko didn't die that day and I gave birth to our son after being in labor for 18 fucken hours.
Kungawo" Good because he will just cry and I have homework"
Me" That's his only contribution to society baby girl, cry, eat and sleep"
Kungawo" Must be nice, trying to get on that wagon too"
I laughed at her, then took the baby's things.
Me" Call if you need me"
Busi was fetching me, I didn't feel like driving and I still don't trust car seats.
Busi" Drive and let me hold him"
Me" Hahaha I knew that's why you offered to fetch us"
Busi" Naive if you thought I missed you"
Me" Hahaha one can only dream"
"Where's your weird friend?"
Busi" Exile?"
We both laughed
Me" Hahaha don't start"
Busi" She is cooking for us, she asked us to run some errands for her"
Me" Hahaha going to Woolies to fetch the food?"
Busi" Hahaha yes and we going to fetch the seafood platter"
Me" Hahaha I need us to do better than what we settle for"

I played Issues  by Julia Michaels while Busi was snuggling my son and I sang the song Zuko and I claimed would play at our wedding.
" Will you be fine with him?"
I asked Busi because we had to fetch the platters, she nodded. I got out of the car and ran inside. Everything was already paid for, we left the harbor then went to Woolies. That was also quick, we then went to Tops.
"Will you have something to drink?"
Busi asked, she was going in because I needed to fed Ze.
Me" Nope, just juice babe"
Busi" I don't wanna lie, I am not supporting you"
She went inside and I fed my son, my phone vibrated again and it was Kungawo.
Me" Are you okay?"
Kungawo" Yes, however there's a man apha, looking for you"
Me" What does he look like"
Kungawo" A man"
Me" Yea that sums it up perfectly for me. Thank you so much"
She giggled then ended the call. Busi took a bit longer than what I thought she would and I was stressing because of this man that was at my house but she wasn't panicking. So I just assumed it's Zuko's uncle. Because no one else ever goes there but he's supposed to be with Zuko.
"Open"
She bought out the entire bottle store, there was so much alcohol.
Me" Haybo"
Busi" Do not judge, you made your own decisions"
Me" I thought it's just the 3 of us"
Busi" And so people"
Me" Sana! There's a man at my place. Drop me off and I'll Uber to Ezile's later"
Busi" Ndoda yaphi leyo?"
Me" No idea, kutsho ukungawo"
Busi" Okay, Just call me because y'all are nonchalant like Ted Bundy wasn't once a hot man that murdered women"
Me" He didn't murder Black women"
Busi" The one time racism worked for us"

#

I didn't recognize any of the cars outside of my house, we got off the car and Ze was fast asleep.
"Should I stay?"
Busi asked again
Me" I'll call you if I need you"
Busi" Okay, do that, I love you and be safe"
Me" I love you too baby"
I took the diaper bag because I wasn't sure what to expect and didn't wanna risk it. She drove off and I went inside the yard. I could hear chatter coming from the house. I opened the door and Zenimdumise started crying.
" You are rude"
Kungawo was in the kitchen with her books on the kitchen counter.
"Whose here?"
I asked her and she shrugged.
Kungawo" I don't know those men"
Me" Old men?"
She nodded
Kungawo" Your son is loud. Sort that out"
Me" Voestek"
Kungawo" Walking to Grass roof, need an ice coffee"
Me" Okay"

I went to the living room and I was shocked to see Zuko's father, his uncle and his brother.
" Did something happen to him?"
I asked and his uncle smiled at me.
Malume" Sapha lo ukhala gqithi"
He got up and took Ze from me, he kept quiet immediately. I wondered if Zuko's father and brother were not embarrassed, Ze is almost 3 months old and today is the first time they see their own family due to some feud that didn't even make sense.
Me" How's Zuko"
Malume" Get him a blanket then we can talk"
I walked so fast to Zuko and I's bedroom then opened the door. I got the shock of my life.

"Hey you"