An Odd Person In An Odd Place

Note:
Thank me later

Yelena look down to see she was clasping on to Kate's jacket.

Yelena pushed the jacket away from her quickly and got off the bed, immediately separating herself from the coat. She wiped her hands along her thighs, trying to get rid of any evidence of the girl.

"I am not doing this. I will not go threw this all over again." She said, walked to the bathroom, and looked up at herself in the mirror. Yelena looked a mess. Hair everywhere, tear-stained cheeks, and eyes were puffy and red.

"You will give her back the jacket when you meet next." 'hopefully, we will see each other soon.' She thought.

"Then cut ties. Nothing will come from this. Do you understand?" She pointed at herself as she asked the question.

Yelena let out a long sigh before getting ready. She took a quick shower. She blow-dried her hair and then pulled it into a bun, letting her bangs stay out. (the hairstyle when she was following Kate's mom.)

Once more, she looked at her reflection. She thought to the friend she had just lost, not even a week ago.

Yelena had moved out of her parent's and moved straight in with Natasha. She had decided to go to the college her sister was working at.

She wasn't planning on making friends, but her neighbor had other plans. It took a lot of persistence and, well, many homemade snakes and food from the girl before she got past the walls Yelena had up.

After Nat's death, Yelena moved back in with her parents, but the two women kept in contact. Her friend would text her every now and again to ensure she was ok. Yelena appreciated that.

Yelena felt tears pricking at her eyes. She walked back into her room, trying to shake her thoughts away.

She debated on what to wear. She opened her closet and grabbed a black button-down, black pants, and a gray belt. She grabbed her white combat boots and walked downstairs.

Her father was on the couch watching the news and finished up the last bit of a buttered Eggo.

She walked over to the front door and dropped her shoes by the pair that were thrown there the night before.

She turned quickly, trying not to think of last night. She walked into the kitchen to see her mother working on her computer at the kitchen table. She looked up at Yelena and gave a soft smile.

"Would you like me to make you something?" Melina asked. 

"No, thank you though. I am going just to have cereal." Yelena wasn't really up for a big breakfast.

"What! You did not ask if I wanted something for breakfast." Alexei called from the living room, sounding slightly offended.

"You are not the one going through a hard time right now." His wife shot back. Yelena sighed and fixed her bowl of cereal.

She made her way over to the couch and sat on the opposite side of her father.

She opened up her phone and looked at the time. It was 11 am. '35 minutes till we leave. Till I get to watch another one go in the ground.' She thought.