1. THEISTS

SOME PLACE IT SNOWS

Natural white elevations soar into a neon atmosphere. Cold winds swirl snowflakes around, a naked foot hits the freezing ground.

KALINA (19), tanned skin and gorgeous features by conventional standards, her white dress dangles with the breeze making her glow like an angel. As she falls to her knees, exhaling a sigh of despair, a ray of light hits her face. Against the sun set she sees a young man, his back facing towards her. The stars sun and moon all shine at the same time before him. A breathe of relief, like she finally found him. She walks up and stands beside him, his face still unseen to us. She turns to him, love embedded in her deep brown eyes, she lets out a pleasant smile.

He puts his hand out, she holds it tight as they both blissfully gaze at the orange sky fading to blue

RAZOK PALACE (YEAR 874)

Her shrieks echo through the charmingly styled chamber. Several gold candelabras illume the wine colored sued curtains that drape the dark grey stone walls, silk spread on the bedstead she lays on, surviving the bitter sweet pain.

HIMSANA (33) clamors while she gives birth. The baby cries aloud, Himsana takes deep breaths recovering while the child is placed in her hands.

Himsana pleasantly beams holding her infant in her arms, gently swaying her. For some reason the baby just won't stop weeping. Himsana notices the child is warmer than usual and hand continuously quivering. Just then the baby pauses to cough, then resumes sobbing, its clearly experiencing some kind of pain.

Himsana sighs worried, she has seen this before... a long time ago

She remembers, when she was a child...

VILLAGE HUT  (YEAR 853)

21 years ago

Vegetable soup simmers over burning wood, within a deprived tiny space protected by oxidizing brick walls. 

Himsana (12) lies on the cold floor, covered in a torn blanket, while her mother DUKRTI (34) reads a bed time mythology story to her. A book titled "End of Kaliyug".

A book that claims to predict the fate of mankind.

Dukrti orates with a dullness in her voice "In the first half of the Kaliyug era, man's greatest power was technology and it was used to wage war. Several wars later, humans were forced to rebuild from scratch, and thus our civilization came to be. Now as we get closer to the end of the era, human kind struggles to survive in a cruel world, thus God must intervene. It is believed that..."

Dukriti coughs as her hands shiver, she uncomfortably cringes, swallowing agonizing pain. Suddenly the cooking fire goes out. She struggles to reignite it with her shaky hands.

"What happened next?" Himsana innocently questions. Mother replies "Be patient Himsana." Mother lights up the fire, stifling her anguish and returns to her place to finish the story.