4. ENRAGED

RAZOK KITCHEN

Milk bubbles on a low flame.

Powdered cardamom and sweetener is added.

Then comes the black tea.

Saffron strands sprinkled in.

The thick liquid is then strained into a thermal kettle. The kettle, plated with gold, has an elephant designed sculpted into it.

The kettle is positioned on a tray, the tray is placed in the unoccupied Samraat Bhavan dining room.

A few moment later, when the chamber is fully empty, someone enters...

All we hear is footsteps of a single person, discreetly sneaking to the tea set.

A close view as palms rub a large amount of purple petals, the crumbs and latex like residue is thrown into the elephant kettle.

GURUKUL  (YEAR 851)

40 years ago

The whiff of fresh paint emits from the maroon barracks and the arena a flat surface that lacks sand.

A 17 year old with  long scruffy dark hair, rubs his bruised cobalt eyes with a wet cloth. A broad and tall tanned teenager (19) with short brown hair walks up to the injured boy and inquires "Who did you fight?"

The injured kid replies "It was a group."

The tall one chuckles as he corresponds "The arena is a brutal place."

The injured kid dolefully lowers his face as he clarifies "It wasn't in the arena, they picked me up at night."

The tall boy frowns, eyeing the other teen sympathetically "it's unfortunate that groupism and politics takes place even in the gurukul, it's unfair to new comers like yourself."

"Life is unfair" says the injured one "and I will deal with it."

Tall kid expresses with an impressed smile "I like your attitude. I have a group of my own, if anybody tries this again just call out to me, we'll settle it like men."

The injured teen stands, and with hope in his eyes, he mentions "I didn't get your name."

The tall one puts his hand forward and introduces himself "Krodhan."

The injured kid shakes his hand like a fellow warrior, by the forearm, he replies "Vish"