3B

A DARK FUTURE

RISHI IKIMLAV'S HUT (YEAR 891)

A single candle's light blurs, the ominous moon gleams through the cracked roof and on the tattered Rishi's face.

The saint is tied, bruised and battered. A sword tears another cut in him while he sobs.

Vidhodhan places the blade down and pulls the Rishi's hair "Ikim I know that you know, torturing you is boring for me."

Ikim stutters "I told you, I don't know, all the answers you seek are carved in the cave."

Vidh "Do you really expect me to believe that there is a cave in a mountain that no man has been to."

Ikim "No person survives the trip." Vidh responds angrily "then how did your ancestors carve the future there?"

Ikim replies sincerely "with magic"

Vidhodhan laughs as he slices the old man again. Ikim grunts in pain "You are a lost soul my child, you believe someone saw the future but don't believe in magic"

Vidh "If you can truly see the future, then why don't you tell me who the avatar (incarnation) of Lord Vishnu is?"

Rishi Ikim replies "I can only read people when I meet them and I could never make it to the cave myself."

Vidhodhan kicks a bucket in frustration, he shouts "why does it have to be this hard!"

Rishi Ikim mutters "If only finding God was that easy"

Vidhodhan "how do I even know if all this is true? Let's test it now, read my future old man."

The saint, while almost fainting voices assuredly "I already have, you will find out the truth and won't like it."

Vidhodhan "I don't have time for your vague predictions." He lifts his sword.

Suddenly Ikim opens his eyes wide and gazes at Vidhodhan disturbed. The saint hesitantly stutters "You... you serve the beast."

Vidhodhan "Krodhan is no beast. Not anymore."

Ikim clarifies "Not him... you know who I'm talking about"

Vidhodhan "I don't"

Ikim goes on "You care for it, it will grow stronger than ever and kill us all"

Vidhodhan sternly increases his volume "I don't know who you speak of old man."

Ikim blabbers hastily "You know it deep inside... You have to kill it before it's too late."

Vidhodhan takes a moment, adding up the information in his head, he stares at the saint in denial, then utters softly "That will never happen"

Ikim melodramatically paints the picture "Do you really want to know the future? There will be lightning and fire in the sky when Lord Kalki fights the beast, regardless of who wins, countless lives will be lost

Ikim melodramatically paints the picture "Do you really want to know the future? There will be lightning and fire in the sky when Lord Kalki fights the beast, regardless of who wins, countless lives will be lost. You must slay the beast before that. I beg you!"

Agitated Vidhodhan, warns him  "Say it again and I will chop your head off."

Ikim pleads "Listen to me Vidhodhan. That is what it doe , evil always enchants you, makes you fall in love with it, right before it completely consumes you, and if I were you I would take that sword and..."

SNAP

The Rishi's decapitated head plops on the ground and rolls to the end of the unleveled floor. 

Vidhodhan wipes his bloody sword, as he calmly walks away, burying his emotions as always.

END OF SUB CHAPTER 3B