2B

EMOTIONS

GURUKUL (Year 888)

A circle brushed with sand creates the perfect arena and the ring of a large gong begins the matches.

WHOOP

VIJAY (13) attacks Kalina (14) with mindful techniques, she simply counters it with impulsive rage and...

BANG

...knocks him down.

Vijay is short and muscular, with a crew cut. He holds his belly in pain, and clamors "too hard Kalina". She catches her breath "What's the matter Vijay? I thought you were the strongest here."

"ENOUGH!!!" yells Kavi. He explains "the point isn't to always win using force."

She retorts "Then what is the point?"

Kavi "What if you have to fight an opponent who you can't defeat?"

Kalina "That shouldn't be the case if the gurukul is any good."

Kavi "What if you have to fight someone you don't want to hurt. The point is not just to take down, it is to be in control of the fight. Let me demonstrate" He gets into the ring and calmly puts it "Attack me however you want."

Kalina runs with her tightened fist and swings with full force. Kavi steadily evades while pulling her wrist in the same direction she was punching. SMACK she hits the ground, confused.

Kavi "See, I didn't have to use any of my own energy to drop you, I simply used yours."

She gets up and rapidly attacks again, this time faking a punch and going for a kick. He blocks and taps her ankles with his leg. BANG she falls on her back.

Kavi "Trust me, that wasn't even me being fast, I'm just keeping an eye on your movements."

She grunts rage fully and charges with full force and speed. Kavi coolly blocks evades and waits for her to miss, as soon as she does, he puts his hand up. Her face hits his fore arm THUD she falls back with a bleeding nose.

Kalina angrily yell "I thought we weren't attacking the face!"

Kavi "I didn't hit you, you banged into my arm. Listen kid, I can see you getting angry but I'm trying to teach you the opposite. Take a break."

She quickly stands "No. This pain is nothing, I can take much more."

Kavi "Then use it. When you feel pain don't act drastically. Think of it as a sign to be more calculative. Dethatch yourself from it and see the bigger picture. Don't make it personal."

Kalina "you mean, remove all emotions?"

Kavi smiles "Now you're getting it."

She takes a calming breathe and attacks systematically. With the fast punches and kicks she tries real hard to focus on his movements more than her own.