7B

EMPEROR ADHARMAN

RAZOK THRONE ROOM (YEAR 893)

Adhar is seated on his throne while Mantri (Minister) Deevan lays out a list of matters to attend to. "The first" says Deevan "Is a boy named Kishan, the people of the North believe he is Kalki. Shall we send assassins?"

Adharman refuses "If he is truly the one then even assassins won't be able to murder him, I suggest we greet him with respect."

Deevan rebuttals "He will claim the throne

Deevan rebuttals "He will claim the throne."

Adharman "There is no shame in that, the people would love me if I let a God watch over them, while I watch over him. The messiah is not a threat. Next."

Deevan reads down the list "The kings of Pandya are demanding better infrastructural facilities."

Adharman "Very well, increase taxes and give them what they want. Next"

Skeptical of his choices Deevan restricts his personal opinions and reads further "There is a suspicion that Dakuntha is supplying intoxicants to the south west, attempting to take over."

Adharman "Please do not waste my time with rumors, bring me some proof. Anyway I knew Prince Dhruva pretty well and will personally have a word with him."

Deevan clears his throat then asks "um... about what?"

Adharman "I will try and make an arrangement for peace."

Deevan "Samraat Adharman we have been in conflict for generations now..."

Adharman "yes but I am not my father, someone must end the violence and I am willing to find a middle ground."

Deevan agreeably nods, as the other Mantri's disperse Adharman stops Deevan.

Adhar "Deevan, I know about the corrupt workers we have in the system. Firstly I want YOU to stop..."

Deevan clumsily stutters "I never..."

Adhar smiles patronizingly "I know everything. Stop doing it, because you are going to be the one firing the rest."

Deevan is stunned "But your majesty, we will lose half our staff..."

Adharman "Then find those who won't cheat, our country is vast. Maybe you can ask Shambhal, and we might achieve peace with the messiah sooner than we think."

Deevan agrees but lowers his head gloomily.

RAZOK CORRIDOR

Deevan walks along with YODHA CHARVAN (65) extremely fit for his age. Deevan explains "Samraat Adhar's intentions are good but he doesn't understand the complications that arise with his surety. Please keep an eye."

Charavan calls it straight "If you felt differently you should have honestly told him, you are his mantri."

Deevan responds sternly "...And you are his bodyguard, so do your job and make sure nothing happens to him."