Homework

Lily took her time walking to the bus stop. She had in her Hello Kitty earbuds and was listening to Disney songs. She was humming the song "Bear Necessities" when she arrived. There were only two other kids waiting like her. She had never talked to these people before but she recognized them from her foreign language class. They were twins, brother and sister. Camille and Henry. The twins continued idly talking to each other. After a few minutes they turned to Lily.

"Hey your Lily from Ms.Reeds class right?" Asked Camille

"Uh... y..yeah. Th.. That's me."

"Sorry I wasn't trying to make you nervous, I was just wondering if you did last nights homework." 

Homework, Lily passed out last night and never did the assigned homework! Lily internally groaned.

"No, I completely forgot we had homework!" Responded Lily with panic.

"My brother and I had soccer practice until late last night, we didn't do it either." 

Lily was not excited to face the wrath of her teacher. As punishment her teacher would put her on the spot, knowing that public speaking was a tough thing for Lily. It was a cruel and unusual punishment.

The bus pulled around the corner, and the 3 students climbed on reluctantly knowing what would be awaiting them in 1st period.

This is a short chapter but I have the next one coming later today or tomorrow!

I am trying to build up some suspense...

If you could make one wish what would it be?