Little Lily

Lily was always a soft spoken girl. The 18 year old always sat at the back of the classrooms, never raised her hand, and kept to herself. At home was no different, she spent most of her time in her room, and never invited friends over, mostly because she didn't have friends she had things in common with. Lily was always quite childish, she enjoyed coloring, and she loved her stuffies with all of her heart. She never met anyone who liked the same things she did, the few she let close and told found it strange and no longer wanted to be friends. She couldn't blame them, she sometimes felt crazy for her obsession for Disney movies and princesses. But she could never bring herself to change.

Lily sat in the back of the classroom as usual. She was drawing a picture of a llama because they are her favorite animal with their soft fur and cute faces. As she was finishing it up she decided to name him Lenny II after her favorite stuffy, Lenny the Llama. The bell rang and Lily put her drawing supplies inside her hot pink back pack and left for lunch. She sat outside under a large oak tree and pulled out a turkey sandwich, fruit snacks, and a juice box. Lily slowly ate her meal until time for her last class of the day. 

History was never the greatest class for Lily, dates and battles were never an easy thing for her to learn. Though today class seemed very exciting, a new teacher would be taking over for Mrs.Wheeler who went on maternity leave the previous week. Lily took her usual spot in the back and pulled out an adult coloring book, coloring until class started. She dumped out her coloring pencils and some rolled off her desk and down the isle of chairs, and under an empty desk. She scrambled to get to the lost pencils, bent down and started collecting them. Once she had gathered all of them she went to stand and bumped her head on the table.

"Are you alright Pike? (pik- eh)" asked a man in a deep tone with a unknown European accent. Lily rubbed her head and slowly looked up into a pair of deep brown eyes. "umm yeah, I'm okay."

The man extended his hand to help the small girl up. "tank.. I mean thank you sir." "You are quite welcome." he said with a gentle laugh.

Lily slowly walked back to her desk mentally scolding herself in front of who she assumes is the new teacher.

Once the bell rang the mystery man stood from his desk and walked towards the front of the classroom. "Good afternoon, I am Mr.Raith your new teacher, I will be taking over for Mrs. Wheeler for the remainder of the semester." Mr.Raith started going through the role call for attendance. "Lilith Saint" he called across the class room. Lily raised her hand slowly. "I go by Lily she said quietly." Mr.Raith changed the name in the roster and then started to teach the class about Ancient Egypt. Mr.Raith passed out a work sheet for the students to work on for the remainder of the class period.

He took this as the perfect opportunity to take in the sight of the little girl he had seen earlier, Lily. It was a surprise to him that she was in this class, she was a 5"2 brunette, wearing a hot pink knee high skirt, and a white blouse. He would have guessed that she was 15 at the most with her small shy demeanor, but this class was a senior only elective. 

He heard the bell ring, and students all stopped to drop the assignment off at his desk on their way out. He took a deep breath as he watched Lily pack up her things and try make her way out the door. "Mrs.Saint aren't you forgetting something?" he asked. She quickly reached into her bag pulling out the assignment and handing it to him. "Sorry sir." she said sheepishly. "Its alright Pike, hurry to the bus now its supposed to storm and you don't want to have to walk home while it is raining. He grabbed his own things and locked up his classroom before making his way to his car.