#32 Secret [The End]

Outside the council building, we send off the couples who came to our help. Ivana stays behind for the celebration.

On our way, she says, "You know that woman is a Thalassic Elf right?"

"Is that so? What is she doing on land?"

"That is not the point."

"What's the point?"

Ivana smiles. "You're in a celebratory mood now. You'll get it eventually. And, congratulations indeed."

"Thank you, for everything, Ivana. You really saved me today." 

She shakes her head. "Hayden is the one who located the couples. I told you once, Riva: Your mate is extraordinary. There's nothing for you to be ever scared of in life." 

After dinner, we decide to call it a day. I hug Jeremiah longer than I needed to. He laughs. "I would like to bring my mate and daughter around to see you one day."

"I would love that. Thank you for everything."

"It was nothing," he says and turns to Hayden. "Hayden."

"Thank you, Jeremiah. See you later," Hayden says.

Hayden and I return to the cottage. As soon as I enter I look at the worn out envelope on the kitchen counter. I snap my finger and it bursts into flames.

Hayden laughs. "You're either moping all day long or getting overexcited. No longer scared of your father?"

"Everyone is right. I have you. There's nothing to worry about."

He grabs my waist and pulls me close. "Care to say that again?"

"I said I love you."

We kiss, and keep kissing our way to the bedroom.

Even sex feels thrice better when I've no looming prison sentence over my head.

Panting, I climb off of him. He yanks me close to his now wet body and moves on top of me.

"Again so soon?" I ask.

"Not soon enough," he says, coming down on me. I moan out in pleasure.

In the morning, I stand at the back entrance, looking at the empty pen.

I didn't hear Hayden come till he hugs me from behind and kisses my neck. "He's fine," Hayden says. "I'll take you to see him tomorrow."

I turn around and wrap my arms around him, and smile.

"What?" he says.

"I'm going to tell you a secret. You can not tell anyone. If you do, I'll go to prison."

He laughs. "Sure. Can't have you in prison when you're needed in my arms."

"I knew you were my Alka even before I met you."

His brows crease. "What are you talking about? You mean, before you came to my school?"

"I didn't know you were going to be there, or that you will find out I'm your mate. I only came because the professor made me."

I tell Hayden all about the spell I'd cast on the day my life turned upside down.

"You knew for a week and you didn't even try to contact me?!" he says. 

I shrug. "Believe it or not, at the time, meeting you was not my priority. I wanted to confirm if I was even right."

"I think I should apologize to your professor. I realize if it weren't for her, God knows how much longer you would've made me wait."

Laughing, I tell him. "Sure, I'll take you to my school one day. It'll be a sight to see."

"I have something to confess, too," he says. 

I narrow my eyes at him.

He brings his face closer to mine and whispers. "Every other room was available at the motel in Bolrent." 

––––– 

A/N — And... that's a wrap! I can't believe this: another ML book is done. Really, everyone, thanks so much for doing this with me. It was fun :) 

To my longtime readers, I don't know what to say except thank you very much! I couldn't have had the resolve to write and learn this much if it weren't for you. 

If you're a new reader, consider following my author page so you can easily find the other stories in the ML series, as well as my other books, and get updates on the future ones. This is the eighth story in my Mate And His Lover series

Take care, guys :) 

Love, Auctorsam 💕