Chapter 18

Unedited

Comment for a dedication

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

He starts walking towards me, and the fear I felt for him when we first met is back, stronger than ever. I never knew what he was capable of, and now that I've seen what his capable of firsthand, I'm chilled to the bone. What kind of human being have I been walking around with? I know completely nothing about him, yet I put my trust into him to keep me alive. I won't do anything rash now, not when there is so many soldiers around, I will wait till my chance pops up.

"Angel, listen we don't have time to stand around, we'll be dead in minutes if we don't keep moving" I nod my head in agreement, no matter how I feel about him, or what he just did. I'm surprised I've kept my clam after seeing him slaughter two men right before my eyes, come to think of it I'm surprised I'm not a mess after seeing my parents murdered, I've barley shed any tears for them. Does that make me a bad person? With everything that's happened these past few days, and how dramatically my life has changed, there was no time to think about my parents.

"Angel" Luke pulls out his hand for me to take; I ignore it and start walking in the direction we were heading. His face drops but just as quickly that emotionless face he walks around with returns. I try not to snicker at him, I don't even know why I find it funny, and especially in the situation we're in.

"Want to let me in on the joke?" he asks. I take a deep breath till the urge to laugh again is gone; I have no idea where it came from. "There's no joke, to be let in on"

His lips pull into a smile. "That's not what your giggles are telling" I roll my eyes at, only making his smile widen. "I wasn't giggling"

"No?" he raises his eyebrows. "I swear that's what it sounded like"

"I had something in my throat" I dramatically cough.

"Shame, I was really looking forward to a good laugh" he shrugs his shoulders. Just as I'm about to reply a phone starts ringing from his pocket making me jump. He slips out the phone and puts it to his ear.

"You better be calling to tell me you're here" he growls into the phone.

"Yep, I'm on the east side of Frankly street" a voice replies that I Instantly recognise as Trevor. "Good, we'll be there in a few minutes" Luke hangs up.

"Time to go Angel" he doesn't waste any time he grabs my hand starts running. we ran side by side dodging trees and jumping over large objects.

We reach the end of the woods with no encounters with soldiers, I scan the road and spot a car parked further up hidden on the side of the road. Luke slides the M16 off my soldiers and turns towards me.

"Run to the car, Trevor should be in there" I give him a quizzing look.

"Why, aren't you coming?"

"No, I have to do something" he answers.

"But-" he cuts me off before I can finish my sentence. "Get down" he pulls me down to the ground with him.

A soldier has stepped out from the other side of the woods, and is heading straight towards Trevor. Luke aims the M16, and pulls the trigger. The man drops and the shot leaves my ear ringing.

The car stars and Trevor does a sharp U-turn, heading towards us. The car lights are blinding. Luke pulls me up and pushes me on the road. I see movement in the corner of my eye, where Luke dropped the soldier, before someone screams. "Hey stop!" Luke fires at where the voice came from, they don't waste time before firing back. Trevor speeds up.