Chapter Twenty • Scooby Gang

𝙇𝙪𝙣𝙖'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

"CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!" We all scream at a very drunk Xander who's currently standing on the table chugging a bottle of whatever alcohol we're currently drinking.

We decided to have a little party after all. It may not be the best time but I almost died and Xander and Oliver are finally together so fuck it.

As everyone is laughing and drinking, I slip away into the kitchen looking for something to snack on.

"Hey." Baxter says walking into the kitchen.

"Hey Bax." I sweetly smile at him.

"Can we talk for a minute." He says as he nervously scratches his neck.

"Yeah of course, what's up?" I say as I sit on the counter, opposite to where Baxter is standing.

"So this weekend Lily is taking me to meet her parents, and honestly I'm freaking the fuck out." He says with a look of fear.

"You'll be fine Baxter." I say while laughing. "Her dad can be a little intense and will probably question the shit out of you." I say as I watch him visibly gulp. "Her mom is an absolutely sweetheart, she'll love you the second you walk through that door." I say trying to comfort him.

"I've just never done this before. I mean I've had a couple relationships before but never anything this serious, and I really want them to like me." He says, running a hand down his face.

"You make Lily happy, and at the end of the day that's all her parents want."

"What about you?" He questions, me giving him a confused look in response. "Your family, what are they like?"

I pause for a minute before answering.

"Growing up I never had a good relationship with my dad. He was an alcoholic and wasn't the nicest to my family, yet despite everything I still loved him." I say with a small smile. "My mom was my best friend, and when she got sick it destroyed me. I miss her everyday, and honestly I don't think it will ever hit me that she's gone." I say as my eyes turn glossy. "I have an older sister, we were never close but since our mom died she barely talks to me. I've tried calling her at least twenty times since I've got here and she hasn't answered." I say defeatedly. "So yeah, that's my sad life story."

"You know I never knew my parents." He starts. "I was left at an orphanage when I was three weeks old and spent my entire life in and out of foster care. Shit was rough, but I met the guys when I was 10 I think." He says deep in thought. "The first few years of our friendship I didn't tell them a word about anything, but they found out and Jax's parents took me in when I was fifteen and the rest is history." He says with a laugh.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that."

"Don't be. If I didn't I wouldn't have met Jax and his family, nor would I have met you and Lily." He says, sending me a playful smirk.

"So how do you fit into this whole Mafia thing? I thought you weren't a part of it Mr.Lawyer." I ask, this question has been running through my head for awhile now.

"Technically I'm not a part of the Mafia, but Jax is my family at the end of the day and if he needs help, I'll be there," He says. "Besides, without me they wouldn't be able to hack shit."

"Babyyyyyy." A very drunk Jax says, stumbling into the kitchen.

He walks over to me and wraps his arms around my waist, laying his head in my neck. Baxter smiles at us.

"I'm gonna go take Lily to bed, goodnight." He says walking away.

"Why did you leave me alone with those freaks?" Jax asks with a pout.