Chapter Twenty Two

"Alright little one, let's get these blueberries inside and make some muffins. How does that sound?" I ask, as I look down at my huge stomach and begin to rub my stomach affectionally. 

 The baby begins to kick into my hand. 

"I agree, blueberry muffins do sound amazing right now." I reply, with a few giggles. 

The baby then begins to kick in excitement from my giggles. I watch in amazement as I can see the baby's feet poke out, from his/her kicks. I already know my little one will be active just like his or her daddy. 

I then lean over and pick up the basket full of blueberries and strawberries on the grass and begin to head to the back door, to enter the kitchen.

 It has been seven months since I closed on the home and I have been enjoying every moment with the baby. 

Steve and Thor have been making time to make sure everything is ready before the baby arrives, which by Nolena's calculations' can be any day now. 

As I enter the kitchen and begin to place the basket on the counter, I begin to feel a similar cold sensation radiate down my spine. 

"Ohh," I moan, as I grab my stomach and place my free hand on the counter, to hold myself up.

"You alright honey?" I ask, as I rub my stomach. I begin to feel my belly become cold and the baby begins to kick excitedly again. 

As the baby continues to kick, the freezing sensations becomes more powerful and painful. 

"Oh, hmmmm," I begin to moan in pain. "Alright, little one, mommy is going to go lay down," I state, as I remove my hand from the counter and begin to leave the kitchen, to head to my room.

 As soon as I exit the kitchen, I remove my hand from my belly, to lean against the wall, as another powerful cold sensation begins to rush through my body. 

Ok, breathe. Just breathe, the pain will go away. 

As I lean against the wall, I begin to rotate my hips, hoping it will help with the pressure and cold sensations, but as I move, the baby begins to kick more powerful and the cold sensation begins to take over my body. 

I have to get warm, I need to call Nolena now! Oh, crap, my phone is in my room.

"Alright, honey, mommy is going to go to her room to call help, ok? You doing ok?" I ask the baby, who then kicks in return. I return my hand to my belly and find that my belly has dropped.

 "Oh, you dropped, honey!" I smile to my stomach, as I let out an excited giggle. The baby then begins to kick into my hand, and I find that my temperature is dropping quickly. I begin to waddle to my room and as I enter my bedroom, I begin to feel water trail down my leg. "Oh, my God." I whisper. "Ok, yeah, I'm in labor. My water just broke. Ok, um, ok." I state, trying to stay calm. 

"Well, mommy is going to take off these jeans and get comfortable." I giggle nervously. Thankfully the pants are easy to take off and I quickly unplug my phone from the wall and call Nolena, as I wait for her to answer, I waddle to the bathroom to grab a towel, to clean the water puddle. "I am so sorry, I missed your call. This is Nolena, please leave your message after the beep," 

Oh, no. 

I drop the towel and begin to hold myself against the wall, as stronger contractions begin to happen. As each contraction ends, I feel sharp cold sensation race down my spine. 

"Ok, little one, mommy is going lay down and try to get warm." 

I waddle to my bed and begin to start my breathing. Oh, my God this hurts so much.