4

They had decided to wait until week sixteen to tell their families and friends when they had more of a belly to show for. They were both nervous about everyone's reaction.

They hung out almost every day in an effort to get to know each other. They would be linked together for the rest of their lives as parents and it would be helpful if they got along, which they surprisingly did so far. They tried not to stress about it.

Harry had gained more weight and was already sporting a baby bump. Louis bump was there as well but he could hide it better since it was smaller. Harry saw how confused his friend and coworker Liam was and a beer belly didn't exactly go hand in hand with gym owner so after discussing it with Louis first Harry told him about the pregnancy. After the initial disbelief and shock, Liam smiled widely and hugged him, and congratulated him. That was when he revealed that the baby daddy also was pregnant and they were having two kids. Liam almost fainted and had to breathe into a paper bag.

They went on checkups once a week and everything looked fine for both of them. Their pediatrician's eyes had almost popped out when he realized that he wasn't handling one male pregnancy but two.

They took new ultrasound pictures when they reached sixteen weeks and decided that it was time to tell their families. They brought their pictures and Louis got behind the wheels of his Golf. Harry looked around.
"We need a bigger car, Louis. Mine is also kind of small."

"I draw the line at minivans but you're right. We should look at cars." Louis agreed.

"And car seats." Harry said.

"Yeah. I don't want to start buying baby stuff just yet, in case something would happen to one of our babies. We're at a higher risk of something going wrong." Louis said. He tried to sound calm but Harry could hear the fear in his voice.

Harry put his hand over Louis' and squeezed it.
"Dr. Wilson says that our babies are doing just fine."

Louis glanced at their stomachs.
"I still have trouble wrapping my mind around the fact that we managed to knock each other up during a one-night stand."

"So much for being versatile but I wouldn't have it any other way." Harry grinned.

"Me neither." Louis assured him.

They drove to Louis' hometown Doncaster first. Harry noticed that he got more and more nervous for each mile.
"Are you nervous about your mum's reaction?"

"I'm nervous that she will have a fucking heart attack but she's a midwife. Male pregnancies can't be foreign for her, at least theoretically." Louis chuckled.

"Well, we're doing this together." Harry said in an effort to calm him even if he was really nervous himself.

Louis parked the car on the driveway to a typical English family home. He took a deep breath.
"Okay, let's do this."

They got out of the car and walked toward the front door when it opened and a woman looked at them. Her eyes fell on their bellies and she blinked a couple of times like she couldn't believe what she was seeing. She gasped and a hand flew to her mouth.
"Louis?"

"Hey mum, I have some exciting news." Louis said nervously.

"Is that...no...it can't be, can it?" His mum rambled.

"If you're wondering if I'm knocked up, you're absolutely right. This is Harry, and as you can see he's also pregnant. Mine. His." Louis said bluntly and pointed between their stomachs.

His mum gripped the doorframe and swayed a little then she broke out in a happy smile.
"That's absolutely incredible. Come in, Hi Harry. I'm Jay."

"Hi." Harry said and reached out a hand for her to shake.

"It's lovely to meet you. I can't believe this. You need to tell me everything, Louis. I'll make tea." Jay smiled.

Harry and Louis exchanged a look. They would leave out the details of the conception. They sat down in the kitchen and Jay made some tea.
"So how far gone are you?"

"We're both sixteen weeks pregnant." Louis informed her.

"So you got pregnant at the same time?" Jay asked.

"Yes." Louis confirmed and blushed.

"And do you know each other? I'm sorry Harry, but Louis hasn't mentioned you, that's why I'm asking." Jay apologized.

"We're getting to know each other. We're gonna do this together." Harry replied.

"I hope you're okay with this? I know what a shock this is." Louis asked worriedly.

Jay came over and caressed his cheek.
"A baby is a blessing Louis. Two babies? I'm very excited for both of you and for me! I'm going to be a grandmother. I'm so happy for you Louis. You always wanted children and the fact that you can carry your own? That makes me wanna cry with happiness. You look stunning sweetie. So do you Harry."

"Thank you." Harry beamed. Then he added "you're really taking this so well. Thank you for being so accepting."

"You're carrying my grandchild, and so are you, Louis. My head is spinning. What are the odds? Amazing." Jay said excitedly.

They stayed for an hour before they got back in the car to drive to Holmes Chapel to see Harry's mother. It was his turn to be super nervous now. Louis' mother had adapted quickly since she already knew about male pregnancies. His mother on the other hand would probably need a little more convincing.

He hurried out of the car as soon as they parked outside his childhood home. Louis came up behind him. Harry took a deep breath and knocked on the door. He looked for Louis' hand for support and was relieved when Louis didn't pull away. Instead, he squeezed it.
"It's gonna be fine."

A woman who looked so much like her son opened the door with a big smile. Her eyes fell on Harry's stomach and she wrinkled her eyebrows in confusion but she didn't say anything. Instead, she pulled him in for a hug.
"Hi, love."

She turned to Louis, glancing at his belly but smiled at him.
"Welcome, I'm Anne."

"Louis." He shook her hand.

They walked into the kitchen and took a seat and Anne made them their second cup of tea for the day. When she finally sat down Harry took a deep breath.
"Mum, I have a really big surprise and I need you to keep an open mind. Okay?"

"Alright." Anne agreed.

Harry glanced at Louis for support.
"I'm expecting a baby."

Anne just stared at him in disbelief.
"What?"

"I'm pregnant mum. I'm intersexual. You're gonna be a grandma." Harry said with a cautious smile, watching his mother's reaction.

Her mouth fell open and she looked at his stomach across the table.
"How?"

"I have female reproduction organs as well as male. Here, an ultrasound picture." He said and handed her the photos.

She stared at them in shock and then her eyes teared up.
"Is this really true? Because I swear to God Harry, if this is your sense of a funny joke I'm gonna...I don't know what I will do."

"It's the truth mum." Harry said, staring at her.

Her hand came up to cover her mouth and she gasped.
"That's amazing. Oh my God! Honey! Incredible!" She got up and rushed over to hug him. She put her hand on his stomach and smiled.

"There's more, mum. Louis is also pregnant with our child." Harry said.

Anne started to sway and he rushed up to catch her when she fainted.

An hour later they headed back to the car.
"That went well." Louis commented.

"My mum fainted!" Harry said.

"Yeah, but she came around and she's happy." Louis smiled.

"Yeah." Harry beamed.