5

Harry had secretly been browsing the Internet, looking for bigger apartments. He knew that Louis wanted to wait but he on the other hand liked to be prepared. They were already 20 weeks pregnant and before they knew it their babies would be here.

They needed at least a three-bedroom apartment, at least the first few years. Their kids could share a room and he and Louis would have separate bedrooms. They hadn't really talked about this. How long would they live together? If Louis didn't want to live together at all, how would they make that work? Then they would basically be single parents seeing each other for playdates? He didn't want that. He wanted to be an equally big part in both his children's life. It was time to talk about this.

They took turns showing up at each other's places. They always made dinner together (well, Harry did the cooking) and hung out until it was time to go to bed and then they said goodnight and one of them returned to their own place.

It was Harry's turn to go home to Louis and he found him on the phone.
"That's great mum, I'm glad that you and Anne have bonded over your upcoming grandmotherhood but no more baby clothes, okay?"

Harry smiled and shook his head in amusement. Their mothers had really hit it off and he was glad about that but they had already bought clothes that would last them a lifetime.
"Alright, I have to go. Harry just showed up. Yes, I will tell him that. No, I'm not gonna tell him that! Mum! Love you too. Bye."

Louis hung up and smiled at him as he walked over to take a seat. His feet were killing him.
"My mum sends her love."

"And what don't you want to tell me?" Harry teased.

"About this amazing cure for gases." Louis chuckled and rolled his eyes playfully.

"Well, I'm not the one who needs that. I hope you made a mental note." Harry chuckled.

"Heeeey!" Louis protested and pouted and then he farted.

They both burst out laughing.
"Okay, you have a point." Louis said.

Harry put his hand on Louis' stomach.
"So how's Bean doing today?"

"Feisty. Here, Bean is kicking like crazy." Louis smiled and took his hand and moved it to the side of his stomach. He had become much bigger in the last couple of weeks. Harry found him adorable.

"Well, so is peanut. Here." He grabbed Louis' hand and put it on his own stomach.

They just sat like that for a while, feeling their babies kicking. Then Harry thought it was time to talk about their living situation.
"I've been thinking a lot, Lou. What do you wanna do when it comes to our living situation?"

Louis rubbed his belly.
"I don't know. I guess we should move in together. It will make things easier and I wanna spend time with both our babies. What do you think?"

"I feel exactly the same way. I'm glad you think so. Here, I actually found an apartment I think we should check out." He said and took out his phone and found the page and handed it over.

Louis scrolled through the pictures.
"It looks great. Ehm, three bedrooms, how..."

"One for the babies, separate for us." Harry hurried to say.

"Alright. Sounds good." Louis smiled.

Harry took his phone back and filled in the form that said that they were interested in the apartment. He showed Louis a couple of other options as well and they signed up for five more apartments. Louis had started to massage his feet, knowing that they hurt.
"Grab my computer. I've been researching cars. I'm trying to find the safest one." Louis said and nodded in the direction of the coffee table.

Harry leaned forward with a grunt and managed to get it. His belly was in the way and Louis giggled. Harry put his tongue out and opened the laptop.
"Alright, what have you found?"

"The Subaru Outback is the number one family car when it comes to safety." Louis said and kept rubbing Harry's feet.

Harry looked at the price tag and let out a whistle.
"Pricey."

"Yeah, but I can sell my car. Yours is bigger and we need two cars. Mine is newer so I'll get a good price." Louis said.

"Alright. Wanna go to the dealer tomorrow and check out this beauty then?" Harry smiled.

"Sure. During lunch?" Louis suggested.

"Okay." Harry smiled.

"I also googled the safest car seats." Louis said and changed the page.

"Looks good. We need two of those then." Harry smiled after he had read about them.

"It makes it so much real as soon as we start buying baby stuff." Louis said and farted again. "Sorry."

"I think our huge bellies are a hunch." Harry chuckled, ignoring Louis gases. He knew it was a pregnancy thing.

"Yeah. You should have seen Niall's and Zayn's reactions when they realized that I'm pregnant. Priceless." Louis snickered.

"Yeah, Liam had the same reaction. We should introduce them to each other." Harry suggested.

"Baby shower!" Louis shouted excitedly and farted because of the extra use of his diaphragm.

Harry laughed.
"Oh God, I'm really gonna try that stuff me mum talked about." Louis grunted, a little embarrassed.

"You do that. A baby shower sounds fun. Let's invite our families too. Our mums would never forgive us otherwise." Harry grinned.

"Three Saturdays from now?" Louis suggested.

"Sounds like a plan." Harry smiled. He removed his feet from Louis' lap. "Hungry?"

"Fucking starving." Louis sighed.

"What's the craving of the day?" Harry asked.

"Celery and chunky peanut butter." Louis informed him.

While Harry ate carrots and Nutella like there were no tomorrow Louis' cravings changed from day to day, some of them were weirder than others.

"Alright, I'll fix us a snack then." Harry smiled.

"It's almost time for lunch." Louis pointed out.

"If I don't get my carrots I might start to cry." Harry winked, reminding Louis of that time he actually burst out into tears two weeks ago when he was out of carrots. Louis made sure to buy tons of carrots after that.

Harry made their snacks and they watched a movie while they munched on their carrots and celery sticks.