6

They had a busy week. They went apartment hunting and found the perfect one and now they just waited to hear if they got it or not.

They went to the car dealer and got a good deal after they had traded Louis golf and split the remaining cost. The car wasn't brand new but last year's model but that didn't matter. They bought matching car seats as well.

They spent the following week planning the baby shower. Their mothers had offered to do the cooking and baking and they gladly accepted the help. The rest of their family members knew about their pregnancies too and they couldn't be more excited.

When they weren't on their weekly checkups at the hospital or at work they spent every minute in each other's company. They read about their babies' development and googled stuff they would need for the babies.

On Friday Harry went to Louis' place after work and started with dinner. They had exchanged keys a week back. Louis arrived half an hour later and he looked pissed.
"What's wrong?" Harry asked.

"Just one of those fucking days when the customers have treated me like a fucking circus freak. They have pointed, gossiped, and even touched my belly." Louis complained.

"I'm sorry." Harry said softly.

"Oh well. I'm gonna take a quick shower. Whatever you're making smells delicious." Louis said and tried to smile.

"Thanks." Harry answered simply.

"Just make sure there are some cornflakes there as well." Louis said.

"You want me to put corn flakes in a fish dish?" Harry asked.

"On the side. I can sprinkle them on my portion." Louis chuckled.

"That sounds absolutely disgusting but of course." Harry cackled.

Louis smirked and headed for the bathroom. Ten minutes later Harry heard him shout "for fucks sake!"

He immediately dropped everything and hurried over and knocked on the door.
"Louis? Are you okay? Did you fall?"

"How am I supposed to shave my fucking balls when I can't even see them?" Louis shouted. He sounded frustrated.

Harry let out something between a snort and a cackle.
"Do you need help?"

"Do you wanna shave my balls, Harry?" Louis chuckled.

"No, not really." Harry replied.

"I didn't think so. I'll survive. I'm sorry about this conversation." Louis laughed.

"No worries. Dinner is almost ready." Harry said and returned to the kitchen. His face was flushed. Why did he offer to shave him?

Louis was in a better mood when he emerged from the bathroom. His eyes were glittering with humor.
"Oh, shut up." Harry laughed.

"I didn't say anything!" Louis grinned.

"But you were thinking it." Harry retorted.

"So now I can't think?" Louis teased.

Harry put his tongue out and they sat down to eat. Harry watched as Louis crunched cornflakes in his hands and put them on top of his food. He took a big bite and hummed in appreciation.

On Saturday they went out to shop clothes. They had both become too big for their normal clothes. While Harry indulged in the pregnant outfits for women Louis bought bigger sweatpants and shirts. They ended up looking at baby carriages and found the perfect one for two babies at the same time and it came home with them.
"I never thought about how much stuff a baby really needs." Louis said.

"I know right?" Harry glowed.

On Monday they got an offer on the apartment they wanted and they immediately accepted it and vacated their own apartments. It was a big step but they both knew that it was for the best. They had become friends so it wasn't awkward. They could move into the new apartment the next month so they started packing up their things, discussing what to keep and what to get rid of when their two homes would become one. They had different opinions but somehow they managed to compromise.

That Saturday it was time for the baby shower. They held it in Harry's apartment since his living room was bigger. Their families arrived early and helped them decorate. Jay and Anne had planned the whole thing and Harry and Louis mostly sat on the couch and watched them work.

Liam, Niall, and Zayn arrived and they made sure to introduce them to each other. Niall stared at their bellies.
"You really are pregnant both of you. Wicked!" He grinned.

They ate and decorated onesies. Anne had made a cake that looked like a diaper. They had a great time and then it was time for the presents. Liam had bought two teddy bears, Zayn and Niall had bought fairytale books and Harry's and Louis' families had combined their presents and bought them two cribs and bed linen. Harry and Louis thanked them all from the bottom of their hearts.

The week after that they started buying baby stuff for real. They were both 24 weeks pregnant now and their babies were doing great. They both had a nice savings account which they were glad about. No one had to feel ashamed for not being able to afford everything they needed. They split the costs and went on a shopping spree in their new car.

Since they had decided early on that they didn't want to know what they were having beforehand they bought unisex clothes in white, grey, and yellow. They found changing tables, toys, diaper buckets, diapers, baby powder, and everything else they needed. Harry held up a tiny pink dress.
"We don't know if we're having a girl Haz. It could be two boys." Louis smiled.

"It could also be two girls. Please, first outfit just in case." Harry pouted.

"You better buy two then and we need to find two first outfits for a boy just in case." Louis smiled.

His smile grew wider from Harry's excitement. He was adorable. They found a cute outfit for a boy and bought two of them. Harry needed a break after that. His sciatica nerve was killing him. Louis' feet and legs were swollen as well so they found a place to eat and then they headed back, feeling satisfied with their purchases.