9

Harry was released from the hospital the next day and they got to borrow the device they needed to check his blood pressure daily and were told to come back to the hospital if it got any higher.

Louis had called Niall to ask him to drive them home. He showed up and had Liam and Zayn with him. They were all worried about Harry. Liam promised to take care of the gym and Harry gave him a thankful smile.

They drove them home and Harry was put directly to bed. Liam and Niall carried the tv from the living room and put it up in the bedroom.

Louis called their mothers to tell them the situation they were in. Harry needed to rest so the boys left.
"Our mums are coming tomorrow to take care of you while I'm at work." He informed Harry as he laid down next to him on the bed and turned on the tv.

"What? That's not necessary." Harry protested.

"Of course it is. Me mum is a midwife Harry. She will make sure that you and the baby are doing fine and your mum is gonna make sure that you eat and have everything you need when I'm not here to take care of you." Louis said.

"So where are they gonna sleep?" Harry asked.

"Oh. I didn't think of that. They can take my room and I just crash here with you if that's okay?" Louis suggested.

"Of course." Harry said and yawned.

"Go to sleep Hazza. I'll just watch tv without any sound on." Louis said softly.

Louis took the day off from work and their mothers arrived. There was no end to their pampering and Louis just stayed in bed with Harry and they watched tv and slept. Jay checked Harry's blood pressure and Anne fed him. They fluffed their pillows and got extra blankets to keep them warm.

The next day Louis got ready for work and left Harry in the good care of their mothers. He worried about him all day and called his mother every fifteen-minute to check in.

A week later Harry had enough. When Louis crawled into his bed in the evening to go to sleep he grabbed his arm.
"Louis, for the love of God, you have to tell them to go home. I love my mum and your mum is a literal angel but I want to be able to poop without them standing outside the door asking me if I'm okay every tenth second. Your mum wanted to help me shower yesterday!"

Louis burst out laughing.
"Me mum tried to give you a sponge bath?"

"It's not funny." Harry whined.

"Yes it is but I get why it's a problem. I'll talk to her." Louis smiled.

"No. I don't want her to dislike me." Harry said and came closer.

"You're carrying her grandchild. She adores you." Louis assured him.

He put his arm under Harry's pillow and laid on his back. Harry came and laid his head on his chest, curling up like a ball to his side. It made Louis' chest feel warm but he ignored it.
"Alright, I can ask my job if I can take out my vacation days. It's five weeks until our babies arrive so I should probably take it easy anyway. Our mums can go home and we can just lay here and watch crap tv all day."

"Yeah?" Harry asked, sounding hopeful.

"Absolutely." Louis said and kissed the top of Harry's head without thinking.

Harry nuzzled closer.
"Thanks, Lou, you're the best."

He sounded sleepy so Louis just hummed and held him closer. Soon Harry's breaths became even. Louis laid awake in thoughts. Harry had become the most important person in his life and it wasn't just because they were having two babies together. Harry was wonderful and he cared deeply about him. He wanted to protect him. Make him smile. Make him laugh. Damn it! He had just gone and complicated things. Feelings. Stupid, probably unwanted feelings. How could he not have seen it? It had been going on for a while, long before they started having sex. Just friends huh? Well, Harry saw them as friends, right? He glanced at the man sleeping on his chest. Or maybe not?

He got his vacation granted. His boss probably was a little relieved that he didn't have to see him at work waddling and grunting. He talked to their mothers after that, making sure to thank them for taking such good care of Harry, but assured them that they could handle it from now on. Jay and Anne exchanged a look.
"Of course darling, but give us a day to make food and freeze it so you don't have to worry about that. You can just warm it up." Jay said.

Louis hugged her.
"Thanks, mum. Harry is right, you really are an angel. I love you."

He turned to Anne.
"And so are you. I'm glad that our babies will have two awesome grandmothers."

Anne smiled and hugged him.
"Such a charmer. I understand what Harry sees in you."

Louis couldn't hide a happy smile and she petted his hair briefly.
"Alright, we have to run to the store."

Louis returned to the bedroom and laid down next to Harry.
"Why aren't you at work?"

"Because I'm on vacation." Louis said and grabbed the remote control. "Alright, let's see what's happening in Emmerdale today. Will Kerry move in with her new lover Al?"

Harry giggled and moved closer.
"Being cuddly today?" Louis asked fondly.

"The baby is calmer with you close by." Harry said.

Louis lit up in a sunshine smile. He leaned over Harry's stomach.
"Hi, there peanut. Your dads are excited to meet you and we love you very much. You to bean." He caressed his own baby bump.

Harry put his head on his chest and they watched Emmerdale in silence for a while before Louis remembered something.
"Oh, I talked to our mums. They're leaving tonight but first, they're gonna cook what I would guess a year supply of dinners to put in the freezer."

"That's really sweet of them." Harry smiled.

"I think they're afraid that we will starve to death. Me mum knows everything about my poor cooking attempts and I'm sure that she has told your mum that I would kill you if I forced you to eat something that I've made." Louis chuckled.

Harry just laughed and Louis loved the sound of that.