11

With a week left to their due date, Louis was about to lose it. Not because it would take a fucking tow truck to get him out of this apartment but because he hadn't told Harry how he felt about him and he needed to do that before the babies were born. He was terrified that he was the only one falling in love but he had to be brave and give it a try. It was a huge risk. They were good together, but why settle for good when they could be great?

He had gone over what he would say in his head a thousand times but didn't seem to find the courage to say it out loud. He had tried but the words got stuck in his throat. It was frustrating! Harry seemed completely obvious of his inner struggles. He just laid there in bed chatting, watching tv, or sleeping. He liked to cuddle a lot though. Louis saw that as a good sign. Or maybe he was just completely delusional?

He opened his mouth to say something but nothing happened. Maybe he could just show Harry how he felt instead?

Harry was talking about tractors for some reason but Louis could listen to him talk for hours no matter the subject. Harry's voice was deep and a little raspy and he spoke really slow. This time he silenced him anyway by leaning forward to kiss him. Harry let out a surprised sound but he kissed him back. Louis was just about to deepen the kiss when Harry pulled away.
"Lou, we can't have sex. My blood pressure and I mean, look at me, I don't even know if it's possible."

"You're beautiful and that's not the reason I kissed you." Louis said and his eyes started to flicker.

"It's not?" Harry asked.

Louis sighed and dragged a hand through his hair.
"No, ehm, okay...this, you and I, is more than friendship for me. I like you, you know what I mean?"

"You like me?" Harry repeated.

"It's more than that really. Ehm, I'm falling in love with you." Louis gulped.

Harry just stared at him without responding. Louis blushed in embarrassment.
"It's fine. Don't worry about it. This won't change a thing. I'll get over it."

"Lou, look at me." Harry said softly.

Louis held his breath and met his eyes.
"I'm falling for you too but I don't know if it's a good idea. What if it doesn't work out?" Harry said and bit his lower lip.

"That's always a risk in any relationship, isn't it? I mean, usually people start with the relationship part before they move on to kids but you never know what will happen along the way. If we're both in love with each other, why wouldn't we try? We could have it all." Louis said.

Harry broke out in a gorgeous dimpled smile.
"You're right."

"Yeah?" Louis questioned and gazed into his eyes with hope in his.

Harry threw himself at him and giggled, hugging him tightly.
"Yes."

When Louis kissed him a second time Harry didn't pull away. At least not until his breathing increased. They were both smiling goofily.
"So..." Louis said.

"So." Harry replied cheekily.

They both giggled and then they watched tv snuggling. Louis was so happy that his heart was about to burst. He kept glancing at Harry with a lovestruck grin on display. Harry wasn't any better.

They decided to take it slow and to keep it to themselves for now. They also promised each other that if this wouldn't work out for some reason they would put their kids first. And they kissed. A lot.

A week later the boys picked them up and drove them to the hospital for their planned c-sections. They were beyond ready to finally meet their babies. The nursery had been finished for months.

When they arrived at the hospital and managed to walk inside (with the boys giggling behind them) they were met by their whole family. Everyone was there, including their grandparents.
"What are you doing here?" Louis asked in surprise.

"Do you think we would miss this?" His sister Lottie asked.

The older set of twins stared at his belly.
"You're huge!" Phoebe commented and he put his tongue out, flipping her off nicely.

"Phoebe!" Jay repremanded and came up to hug her son and Harry. "How are you feeling?"

"Excited." Louis smiled.

"Me too." Harry said.

A nurse came to get them and their families and the boys sat down in the waiting room. They were shown to a room and got prepped for surgery. They wouldn't be able to be in the same OR but the hospital had booked two next to each other so as soon as their babies were born and everything looked fine they would be able to see each other and both their babies back in their room. They kissed one last time before it was time to go.
"I'll see you soon." Louis smiled.

Everything went according to plan. Harry cried happy tears when he heard the baby that he had been carrying for nine months cry for the first time.
"Congratulations. It's a girl." The nurse said and held her so he could see her.

He had to wait until they had closed him to hold her. In the room next to his Louis experienced the same thing.
"Congratulations. It's a boy!"

Louis cried and stared at the perfect baby shown to him. They closed him and then he got to hold the baby while they rolled him out of the OR and back to their room after doing a quick check-up. Harry was already there, holding a baby in his arms.
"Say hi to your daughter." He smiled.

"It's a girl?" Louis asked.

"Yes." Harry said with a proud smile.

"This is our son." Louis revealed and looked at the tiny baby in his arms.

Two nurses helped them switch babies and they both cried again when they laid eyes on the baby they saw for the first time. Harry reached out a hand and Louis took it.
"I'm so happy Lou. We have two amazing children. How did I get this lucky?"

"Well as I recall it tequila was involved." Louis smirked. He didn't take his eyes off their daughter, except for glancing at their son. He loved them already.

"Cheeky. Oh God, I love them so much." Harry cooed.

There was a knock on the door and their family came inside, with Liam, Zayn, and Niall. They had balloons and presents.
"Everyone, this is Darcy."

"And this is Dorian." Harry smiled.

"Who gave birth to who?" Harry's sister Gemma asked.

"Not that it matters but I gave birth to Darcy." Harry replied.

They gathered around their beds to look at the new members of their families and they were all teary and happy. They didn't stay long since Harry and Louis needed to rest.

Two nurses gave them painkillers and took care of their babies even though they protested. They fell asleep shortly thereafter.