10

Jay showed her son how to measure Harry's blood pressure which the hospital already taught him but he humored her, knowing that it made her feel useful.

Anne talked to Harry in the meantime.
"You have to rest. Nothing else. You won't get out of this bed unless you really have to, right?"

"I promise." Harry said.

"Are you sure that you don't want me to stay?" Anne asked. She looked worried.

"I'll be fine mum. Louis is taking care of me and you made food that will last for months. Thank you so much, both of you, for dropping everything to take care of me. I really appreciate it." Harry smiled.

"Well, you're my very pregnant son. Of course, I'll come running. I love you." Anne replied.

"I love you too mum." Harry answered.

When they left Louis fell to his back on the bed.
"Alone at last!"

"Always so dramatic. Could you please get me some carrot sticks and Nutella before you get too comfortable?" Harry asked.

"You and your carrot sticks. You will turn orange soon. Alright, your wish is my demand. Find something for us to watch in the meantime." Louis said and managed to roll out of bed.

He returned ten minutes later with a tray and handed Harry his beloved carrot sticks. He had some cherry tomatoes and peanut butter for himself and he had also made them some lemonade. He scooched closer and put the tray on their legs.
"So what are we watching?"

"Three men and a baby." Harry smiled.

"Of course." Louis chuckled.

They watched the movie in silence while they munched on their snacks. When the end credits started to roll Harry tried to get out of bed.
"What are you doing?"

"I need to use the bathroom. Are you gonna try and tackle me if I leave the bed?" Harry joked.

"I might." Louis smirked.

He brought the tray to the kitchen and put away the peanut butter and Nutella. They were almost out and he made a mental note to ask Niall or Zayn if they could bring them some tomorrow.

Harry was done in the bathroom so he went in after him. He peed and brushed his teeth before he returned to Harry's room.
"You're sleeping here?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, I mean, I wanna keep a close eye on you if that's okay?" Louis asked. He hadn't even considered heading to his own bedroom.

"Sure." Harry smiled.

They both shuffled around in bed and tried to find a position they could sleep in and it took some time before they could settle down. Louis thought that Harry had fallen asleep and opened his eyes when Harry spoke.
"Lou?"

"Yeah?"

"I just wanted to say that I'm glad that you're the one who is the father of my children." Harry said softly.

Louis' heart made an extra beat.
"Thanks. I'm also glad that you are the father of my children."

Harry turned around and looked at him.
"Yeah?"

"Absolutely. When I came over here to tell you that I'm pregnant I had all kinds of scenarios in my head, some of them weren't especially flattering. I'm happy that neither of them was the reality." Louis said carefully.

"Like?" Harry asked.

"Like, you would tell me to go to hell, or you would take responsibility but be a real douchebag." Louis chuckled.

"I would never!" Harry protested.

"I know that now." Louis smiled.

"Good night, Lou." Harry yawned.

"Good night, Hazza." Louis replied.

He texted Niall the next morning and asked if he could buy them some peanut butter and Nutella. Niall replied that he would be there after work.

They spent the day in bed. Harry was getting restless.
"I think it's time for these babies to arrive."

"Four and a half weeks left Harry. They will be here soon and we will have our hands full. I'm a little overwhelmed, to be honest. One baby is enough work. Two? Me mum had two sets of twins. She didn't have a second to herself." Louis said.

"We're in this together. It's gonna be fine, Lou." Harry assured him.

"Yeah." Louis smiled.

Niall showed up later that day and Zayn and Liam were both with him. They had cleared out the store of peanut butter and Nutella. They gathered on the bed.
"Look at you two having it cozy." Niall grinned and wiggled his eyebrows.

Louis rolled his eyes at him.
"How are you feeling Harry?" Liam asked.

"I'm okay." Harry smiled.

"You gave us a scare there. I hope you're resting." Zayn said.

"I'm a good boy. I'm not risking my baby." Harry replied and caressed his bump.

"You're huge! You both look like you could pop any second now." Niall said and stared at their stomachs.

Harry pouted and Louis put an arm around his shoulders.
"Niall!"

"What? Oh, I didn't mean to offend you. You look great Harry. Really pretty. You too Louis." Niall said.

"Lad, did you just call me pretty?" Louis chuckled.

"Yup. Take a compliment." Niall grinned.

"Thank you, Niall. You are also pretty. So, what's the deal with you three? You're the three musketeers now? Whenever I call one of you, all of you show up?" Louis chuckled.

"Yeah, that's pretty much it, and you guys better call, day or night, no matter what you need, alright?" Zayn answered.

"We're here for you." Liam added.

"Thanks, guys." Harry beamed.

"With all the weird cravings I have, you can expect many calls." Louis smirked.

"Good." Niall smiled.

"I think we should leave these two alone now." Liam said and got up from bed.

They took turns hugging them before they left.
"We have great friends." Louis stated when they were alone again.

"Yeah, I'm glad they have bonded." Harry smiled. He looked tired.

"Alright, let me check your blood pressure, and then you can take a nap." Louis said and reached for the device.

"Thanks, Lou. What would I do without you?" Harry smiled sweetly.

Louis hoped that he would never find out.