chapter five

I'm running away from security with Aleksander

I'm running away from security with Aleksander. I have no idea what on earth is happening but I'm having so much fun I haven't felt this alive in ages.

" where are we going", He yells as we both continue to run. "I'm not sure, just keep running, I yell back at him. my heart is racing and I never want this to end. It's almost childish. 

"you're insane!", his smile stretches across his face and that's when I notice his dimples.

"Tell me something I don't know", I'm laughing obnoxiously.

how did I get here... it's a funny story actually.

earlier that day      

Amy and I are surprisingly close. I genuinely thought that I would have to ignore her for the rest of the year. These past few months have proven so very wrong. Our dynamic is strange. She's always up for a party and I'm not. that should say enough

"Anyway, so I had a terrible hangover and to make things even worse I ended up missing my lecture. you'd think its stops there but noooo, it's the only class where I know no one. Not a single person. what a shit day it was hay", Amy rants. 

"did you just say shit!", if looks could kill, I'd be dead.

" you are a terrible influence", she says in an accusatory tone. I place a hand over my heart as though I'm wounded. " Me. never." her eyes roll at my sarcasm. She flops onto her bed and lays there. we hear a knock. 

"open up bitches!"

ahh yes. Jamie. Gorgeous girl and is always up for some type of trouble. I like her. complete badass. I open the door and low and behold Jamie. With Jamie, the first thing you notice is her hair. It's an afro, but she bleached and dyed it white. It looks fantastical in a way. the contrast between her hair and skin tone is compelling. 

I step aside and she peers at Amys' body spread on the bed. "you girls seem to like you're in dire need of some fun."

I look at Jamie and mouth, help us. " fear not, my bitches, I shall teach you the art of not sulking."

both Amy and I laugh as she sits up. " what's your plan?", I ask letting her step in and closing the door behind her. " we live in new york! there is no plan. we explore the city. Seriously, you guys have done nothing but study ever since you've gotten here."

Amy gets a little pumped as she nods her head, " you're right!"

she looks over to me, waiting for my approval, " ahh what the hell, let's go see if the city never sleeps or if the rumours are bullshit."

we leave the dorms at about 7 pm dressed in hoodies and sweatpants with jewellery and sneakers. 

we walked around the city, walked into a million stores and bought nothing, visited iconic landmarks. The entire night we had dared each other to do the most embarrassing things. Amy was dared to stand in the middle of time square and yell at the top of her lungs, apparently, this was common in new york because no one even looked in her direction. By the time it was nearly midnight we were walking back. Jamie and Amy were convinced we were going to get killed so they had their keys between their fingers ready to stab someone. As we walked Jamie lit up and says," Hayla, I dare you to get into that building and wreak as much havoc as you can."