i'm not a child

"Are you sure about this, Niall?" Harry turns his head to look at a very nervous Niall.

"Yeah," Niall lets out a shaky breath. "I am, H. Bressie might be pissed at me but he'll let me come back to me job."

"You can find a new one." He didn't like seeing Niall like this, especially because of Breslin.

"I could, but Bressie already knows the hours I want and the wage is really good." He looks at the pub then back at Harry. "You'll pick me up right?"

"Of course," Harry is surprised when the brunette leans in and kisses the corner of his lips.

"Thanks, mate. I should be out in about forty minutes." Niall steps out of the car before Harry could say anything else. He quickly makes his way into the pub, dodging some of the people he knows.

"Niall? God, Niall it's really you!" Bressie quickly walks towards him and throws his arms around him. "You're back."

Niall closes his eyes and lets Bressie embrace him, he had forgotten how much he enjoyed being held by the older man. "I am," He breathes out.

"I've missed ya, little one." He lets go of him only to grab his hand, pulling him to the back of the pub where his office is. "Please tell me you're back for good."

"I am," He gives him a small smile. "I'm staying with Harry for now but-"

"You're still with him?" Bressie cuts him off, his smile long gone now.

"Brez, he's my friend and he needs me." Niall takes a deep breath before continuing. "I'm here because I want to know if I can have my job back."

"What, your new friend didn't give you a job at his multi million business?" He raises his brow, ignoring Niall's glare. "I'm sure he has plenty of money to throw around, maybe he should've hired you to just follow him around like a lost puppy and use you when-"

"Why are you acting this way?" He's never liked arguing with him, made him sad when they did.

"I don't want you to get hurt, Ni." He walks over to his chair and sits down.

Niall wanted to laugh at that and tell him that he had hurt him plenty of times before but he stays quiet instead.

"Please forget about him, forget you ever met him. It's better off you forget about his existence." He didn't trust Harry, there was something about him that he didn't like very much.

"I can't do that." He tries his best to keep calm. "Now, do I still have my job or not?"

"Yes, of course you do." Breslin reaches for him, bringing him closer to him. "I want you to come home, it's been quite lonely without you there." He settles his hands on Niall's hips.

Niall leans his bum on the desk, standing in front of the older lad. "Had the flat to yourself, surely you must've taken advantage of that. I'm sure Angele was over every day." He tries not to sound so bitter saying her name, but he still isn't too fond of her.

"She wasn't, didn't even spend a night." He presses his thumbs to Niall's hipbones. "She thought it'd be weird."

"When can I start?" He decides to change the subject, his hands wrapping around Bressie's wrists to stop him from touching him further down. Even after everything, his touch still makes him weak to his knees.

"Tonight if you'd like," Bressie stares at Niall, smiling when he hears him whine and sees the blush. "What? You don't want to start tonight?"

"No, I mean I don't mind but... never mind. What time should I start then?" He wets his lips, Bressie's grip on his waist tightening.