♡︎𝑇𝑒𝑛♡︎

"𝑂𝑓𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠𝑒,𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟."

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══
You were in line with an empty cafeteria tray, Yaoyorozu stood beside you, waiting patiently. You gently tapped your school shoes against the ground, growing impatient.

"Our school's food is amazing, trust me. It's all made by Lunch Rush and he's great at what he does." Yaoyorozu explained while food was put onto her tray. You waited until someone put food on yours. It was a proper bowl of ramen with a side of Kare-Raisu.

"Wow, this stuff is pretty high-end." You said in awe, enjoying the sweet aroma that came off the food.

Yaoyorozu nodded in agreement. "Would you like to sit with me for lunch? I would hate to be too possessive but I can introduce you to some of my friends." She offered as you followed behind her.

"I will gladly take you up on that offer." A smile grew on her face after hearing your answer.

You both made your way over to a table that had familiar faces seated. Yaoyorozu took a seat, saving one beside her for you, which you took gratefully. You recognized some of the faces of the people you spoke with but you weren't too familiar with who they were.

"Hey guys, I annoyed Y/l enough to come sit with us." Yaoyorozu said amusedly.

"Well I wouldn't say annoyed," You shot her a playful grin. "but she's definitely good at convincing someone."

"It's great to see that you two already seem to be good friends." A boy who you recognized as Iida spoke.

'friend'. It struck a pang of guilt within you but you shook it off quickly, you knew your motives and you were to stick to them.

"Mhm, actually before I enrolled here Yaoyorozu and I ran into each other a few times." You explained with beginning to snack on your meal.

"How did you guys meet?" Another boy spoke, except this time it was Midoriya who questioned.

"It wasn't too long ago but I was on a snack run and I quite literally ran into Y/l." Yaoyorozu said accompanied with a small giggle.

"Yep, and after that we ended up somehow finding each-other again, it's quite the array of coincidences." You said.

"Maybe you two were just meant to be friends, maybe it's a sign from the universe." A brown haired girl with rosey cheeks interjected.

"Bullshit" You thought, internally grimacing. It's just bad luck.

"Maybe." You shrugged.

"If it's meant to be then I'm more than happy to be good friends with Y/l." She shot you a warm smile, you couldn't help but return a similar smile.

"And I can't wait to work together with you Y/l. It's always great having new people in our class." Iida said formally but still welcoming-ly.

"What Iida really means to say is that we can't wait to grow a friendship with you, you seem like a great individual already. Yaoyorozu has already grown quite liking to you, so why shouldn't we?" Uraraka said, taking your hands into hers from across the table for a quick moment, making her words a lot more sincere.

"Thank you, you guys have been so nice to me already. To be honest I was pretty nervous for my first day but now that's I'm here and talking to you guys I feel so much better." You explained, trying to cover the overwhelming feeling of guilt building within you.

"Don't be weak Y/n. Hide it, hide it!"

"Of course! That's what friends are for." Midoriya said with such a warm smile it made you sick.

Panic. It hit you like a truck. With the sudden rush of adrenaline you politely excused yourself and made up a quick excuse. "Ah sorry to cut this so short but I just remembered Aizawa wanted to see me, thank you for the lovely chat!" You quickly made your exit without another word, heading straight out the front doors to fresh air.

Your first inhale of the cooling air stung your lungs, giving you a jolt of energy. Tears welled in your eyes as you leaned against a near hard wall.

"This is all so stupid." You huffed in a shaky voice.

You scrunched your face in self embarrassment at how pathetic you felt right now. Already falling victim to the guilt that built up inside you. The sound of footsteps quickly shook you out of your thoughts, wiping your tears away as quickly as possible. You tried to regain a normal looking vibe, your eyes met up with another person's.

"Mr Aizawa?" You spoke, immediately regretting it when your words came out in a sad breaky tone.

"Crying on your first day?" He said nonchalantly.

"No," You looked to the side, avoiding any potential eye contact.

"Did someone do something to you? Or say something?" He questioned.

"Why would you care?" You snapped, hating someone seeing you in such a fragile state.

"It's my job." He huffed, rolling his eyes.

"Oh right.." You muttered, feeling embarrassed. "Nothing happened, just anxiety." You partially lied.

"Don't fret it too much. The first day is always hard, but try to talk through it rather than waiting until you break. My office is always open if you need a quiet place though." He said genuinely, his monotone voice still stayed.

"Thanks," You grumbled, finally allowing yourself to look him in the face.

"Mhm." He hummed and left you on your own once more.

Once you regain your composure and felt stable enough to head back inside you did so, meeting back up with Yaoyorozu and her friends— Or your friends as well.

"Ah, she's back." Yaoyorozu greeted.

"Yep, it was just a quick chat, nothing important." You quickly shrugged the topic off, not feeling like going into details. Although there wasn't much to say anyways.

"Just in time too, lunch is almost over." Iida said while checking his watch and standing up.

"Phew, I'd hate to get lost, this place is huge." You admitted.

"Again?" Yaoyorozu teased, hinting at prior events.

"Oh hush."

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══
Quick reminder that voting, commenting and following helps the author out a lot! Blessed be!