Twenty Four

Mornings were repeatedly a struggle. The fact of living tow lives didn't help. Last nights ambush on the fresh new heroes was a pain. You have to be so good at fighting to be an actual hero, so they gave you a small run for your money. Though you still had no problem overthrowing them, soon enough media swarmed the area, giving you and the League the sign to make your leave. It was successful but it felt... different. You remembered a moment when you were head to head with one of the heroes, who couldn't be too much older than yourself. Just as you were throwing blows and kicks, the girl's face changed to one that resembled Yaoyorozu. It stopped you in your tracks, earning you a scold Shigaraki later. It felt wrong, but it was right, heroes are corrupt. But just not your Yaoyorozu. 

You lazily slumped into your desk. Homeroom was always boring, another day of Mr. Aizawa drilling new information into your class. You chose to ignore him. 

"You look rough." Bakugo insulted, giving me a half concerned and judge look.

"Wow, that gotta be the nicest thing you've said to me." You announce sarcastically. 

He shrugged in response.

Mr. Aizawa began to talk, giving you the cue to tone him out. Though this time you didn't was something snapped out attention almost immediately to him.

"Things are changing. The world. The heroes. The Villains." He started, he was serious, more serious than usual. Your eyes fixated on him, catching his shift.

He turned towards the TV in the classroom, pressing the buttons on a remote and flicking on a news coverage channel. You immediately read the headline

"Another attack from the League of Villains, but wait, a new face?"

You arch a brow, watching footage from the fight from last night. Finally the clip stopped on a person, zooming in on the figure, the quality not great.

"Who..." Your eyes widen, it was you. A low quality zoomed in photo of your fighting, your red eyes glowing. You felt like you were going to throw up, your hands gripped the skirt of your uniform. Whispers around the room erupted. 

"Officials begin research into this new individual and how long they've been involved with this infamous group. As we know of right now from the profile is the figure appears to be female, around teenage and red eyes. No quirk is evident yet, officials say." The reporters voice echoes through your head.

You feel slightly relieved knowing your eyes weren't naturally red, only at night when using your quirk, it was controllable. But you still felt unease. You felt an odd feeling when you looked round, finding a pair of eyes locked on you. The white and red haired boy, Todoroki glanced at you, then returning them to the teacher.

Mr. Aizawa turns off the TV, returning his dry gaze to us. 

"Attacks targeting younger heroes are on the rise. And as seen there, there's been an increase in villains activity in younger ages as well." he pauses. "Im not going to sugar coat anything, things are getting worse. The world is changing, and stakes are getting higher. But this is no reason to give up or slack off, you will try harder. You will succeed." He finishes. 

You glance around, seeing Midoriya give a look of determination. Finally you see Yaoyorozu who looks worried, but a sense of justice is coming from her. 

The rest of the day was a blur, you were much too caught up in your head to be paying attention. How close were the officials to figuring you out? Does anyone know? Am I suspicious? 

"Y/n Dear? What's wrong?" Yaoyorozu pokes you, you were sitting in her bed alongside her, working at some math problems.

"Nothing nothing, just... tired." You lied through your teeth, cringing at how bad you were.

"Work on your lying skills, they're pretty bad." She said, her head tilted.

"God, if only you knew."

"Sorry. No I guess, I'm just caught up in my head about what Aizawa showed up today. It was pretty crazy." You admit, not fully truthful, of course. 

"I completely understand. It's starting to get too real... especially after the whole Nomu thing." You watched her eyes darken, a slight pout on her lips.

You kiss her cheek in comfort. "I'll protect you." You chuckle at your corniness. 

"I don't expect anything less." She smiles. "As long as I have you, I can face anything. I'm positive." She continues.

"Make sure to keep me around then, promise?" You look at her with sincerity, although you bantered playfully, you were serious.

"Promise."