The Mystery Man Part 3

I no sooner entered my house, when Jamie came out of NOWHERE, scaring the living daylights out of me!

   "I WANT DETAILS!" Jamie shouted.

   I was so startled by her sudden outburst, I fell square on my backside. I looked over on the couch, where I saw Ted shaking his head.

   "I told her just to wait and call you, but would she listen? Of course not! She wanted to drive out here at nearly 11:00 at night in the freezing cold, knowing I'd just finished a 10 hour shift at work, just to see how your meeting with a guy went!" Ted said.

   "You know I'm an impatient person!" Jamie admitted.

   So Jamie and I sat up until two in the morning talking. Ted went on home so he could sleep, which meant Jamie would be spending the night with me, which I didn't mind, since we used to live together. So finally at 3am, Jamie and I finally went to sleep. After only four hours of sleep, Jamie and I were up by 7am, which wasn't near enough sleep for me, Jamie and I went to the kitchen to have some breakfast, when the phone rang, it was Eddie, asking if he could stop by. 

   I had no issues at all with Eddie stopping by, I had planned on inviting him over eventually, as well as having Jamie meet him, so why not do it now? Ten minutes later, Eddie's car pulled in, then he got out, walking up to the front door, where he knocked. Jamie was the one to let him in, because I couldn't get to the door fast enough to beat her there. Man did Eddie look good, he was dressed very casually this time.

   He had on a heavy button-up blue plaid shirt, with a white shirt on underneath it to keep warm, a pair of black jeans, and a pair of brown boots. He rolled up his sleeves to the elbows once he came in, so he wouldn't get too hot, showing off just how thick his forearms were. I introduced Jamie and Eddie to one another, where they hit it off quite nicely. We all took a seat in the living room, where we spent a couple hours talking.

 Out of the many questions that were asked to Eddie, Jamie probably asked them all but two. I couldn't say I blame her, because she was the oldest out of she and I, boy did she go final jeopardy on Eddie, but he remained calm and stayed on his toes when she'd ask a question. We probably talked about 3 hours, before Eddie got a call from his dad. He got to his feet, racing to the door quickly.

   "Jamie, Mike, I do apologize, but I'm afraid I have to go, something's come up that I have to take care of, thank you both for having me." Eddie said.

   Jamie and I found it very odd that Eddie took off so quickly, we were curious what would make him rush out the door so fast. There were many possibilities on what would cause Eddie to rush away so quickly, but nothing would prepare us for what we would see, but when Jamie and I both saw how Eddie was living, our hearts completely broke, because it was a way that NO ONE should have to live........... ever!

   TO BE CONTINUED.............................................................................................................................