The Mystery Man Part 16

Two agonizing days later, the big day finally came where I would get to see what everyone was hiding from me. Darren told me to get ready, which with the level of excitement  I was feeling, it took me no less than ten minutes exactly. We all went to pile into Darren's super cab truck, but before he took me to the truck, Darren handed me a blindfold.

   "Put this on handsome." Darren said, handing me the blindfold.

    I didn't want to disobey Darren, so I put the blindfold on. As I put it on, I could tell my wheelchair was moving, which meant Darren was taking me to the truck. As we got to the truck, Jamie had the passenger door open, waiting for us. Darren had me let him pick me up, which he did so with ease, then he placed me in the truck, made sure I was buckled up, then got in the driver side, and off we went to head to my surprise. 

   I felt like I knew where we were going, but because I was blindfolded, I couldn't exactly tell where we were going. So, I just sat quietly, and waited for us to get where we were going. The length of the trip seemed familiar as well. We weren't on the road very long, before we reached our destination. Once Darren got out of the truck, Jamie got out on the driver side, from sitting in the back seat, then I heard my door open.

   "Don't move yet handsome." Darren said, "I have to unload your wheelchair yet."

   I kept myself buckled in until Darren came back, then he unbuckled my seatbelt, lifted me out of the truck, then carefully placed me back in my wheelchair, making sure I was buckled up safe and secure. I still wasn't allowed to remove my blindfold yet, so I kept it on until instructed to take it off. We rolled up what I assumed was my driveway, although I could tell it had been paved, which it wasn't before, then we transitioned to the sidewalk, which seemed longer than before.

   "Alright handsome, you ready to see your surprise?" Darren asked.

   "I'm on pins and needles!" I replied excitedly.

   "Go ahead and take your blindfold off." Darren said.

   When I took my blindfold off, the first thing I had to do, was get adjusted to the light again, but once I was, I could not believe what I saw. Darren had called his father's construction company, which his uncle took over after his dad died, and had the company completely rebuild my house, and it was STUNNING!

   The outside was white brick, with dark gray columns, with full length narrow windows with no curtains, to let in tons of natural light. They had turned my one floor house, into a two-story, which made me wonder how I was going to get upstairs. After Darren made sure I'd had a good look at the outside, he took me inside. When we got inside the house, it looked even more spectacular than the outside.

   The walls on the main floor were painted a bright white, and the whole main floor was all open concept! No more bumping into tables or furniture for this guy, because every piece of furniture was situated so I wouldn't run into it. I could just roll up to a chair, or my new sectional sofa, and climb in whenever I wanted! My kitchen, which was across from the living room area, was also redone. All the countertops were lowered so that I could reach everything, but the upper cabinets were still a little high. I also noticed that as I looked up, the room had 8-foot ceilings instead of seven.

   There was a hallway that had four rooms, two on each side, but one was the bathroom, and the hallway was super wide, so that my wheelchair wouldn't scrape the walls when I went down. Once Darren showed me where the master bedroom was, I knew it was for me, because the bed was lower than it used to be, but rather than it being a single..... it was a double!

   "Why is the bed a double?" I asked.

   "We'll get to that after the tour handsome." Darren replied, "Now I want to show you something."

   Darren had me follow him up the hall, where along the wall as you re-entered the living area, I failed to notice, that an elevator had been installed! Darren and I climbed aboard, then when I pushed the "up" button, we promptly, but not too fast, went up to the second floor, which was all bedrooms, except for two other bathrooms! The extra four bedrooms were for guests, and all the bedrooms had double beds, so that two people could go to a room each!

   After we investigated all the bedrooms, Darren and I headed back downstairs, then took me out to the back yard. In the back yard, the goodies didn't stop there, I had a basketball hoop, and a pool! The pool was a good size, about 40 feet long, and around 20 feet wide, plenty of room for tons of people. Darren said they wanted  to put it indoors, but it wasn't in the budget to build a pool house, so it had to remain outdoors.

   Once we were done looking around outside, Darren took me back inside, where he would finally explain the 8-foot ceilings. 

   "I suppose you want to know why there are 8 foot ceilings?" Darren asked.

   "Yes please." I replied politely.

   All Darren had to do was give me that smile again, and I knew what he was going to tell me, which he didn't get to do, because we were both hugging each other. Darren did the 8 foot ceilings on purpose, because he showed me that he had already moved his things into the house, he was now my roommate! We were going to live together, and I could not wait! Darren then also asked me if I would honor him the chance to be my boyfriend, which I took only seconds to say yes to!

   Dating Darren would be the best thing to happen to me, because now, Jamie and I could double date!........... or so we thought. It turns out, that while Jamie was with Darren and I looking at the house, her "husband" Ted, had other plans, which were going to land him in a WHOLE heap of trouble when she found out!

   TO BE CONTINUED.........................................................................................................