The Mystery Man Part 4

The next day, Jamie and I decided to head out early to see if we could find out where Eddie was staying, because we were concerned about why he had to leave so soon. However, before we could do so, there was a knock at the door. Jamie answered it, to find a middle-aged man standing out on the porch. He looked concerned, as if he'd either lost something, or was looking for someone.

   "Do you know where my son is?" the man asked.

   "What is his name?" I asked in reply.

   "His name is Eddie, he's about 6'8", large, muscular build, blonde hair." the man replied.

   "He was just here last night, but said he had to hurry out." I replied, "Sadly, I don't know which way he went when he left."

   "Well, if you find him, please call me." the man replied, giving me his cell number.

   "I sure will." I replied, then the man left, seeming to be heading for home.

   When Jamie and I left to go look for Eddie, we went in the opposite direction his father did, and it was good we did, because we ended up not having to travel far at all to find him. We were just about at the end of the road I live on, when Jamie shouted, pointing out her window of my car. I looked over to see what she was pointing at, being sure to slow the car down considerably, to be safe. Sure enough, Jamie hit the nail on the head.

   We both saw Eddie's truck in the parking lot of the DIRTIEST, most grotesque hotel in town. How this place was even still open was beyond both Jamie and I. When we pulled into the parking lot, we parked next to Eddie's truck, but before we exited the car, we put masks and gloves on to protect us from the smell and anything touchable we knew we were about to encounter. We walked into the lobby, where the second we entered, the place was so dirty, the dirt itself had turned brown, and had become encrusted on the walls, the floor, and pretty much anything you could touch, but we didn't touch anything.

   "I'm looking for a guy named Eddie Stone?" I asked the clerk at the desk.

   "Room 209." the clerk half blurted.

   So, we made our way down the hall, again, not touching anything if we could help it. We came to the room we were told to look for, then knocked, where thankfully, Eddie opened the door, he too was adorned in a mask and gloves. 

   "What are you guys doing here?" Eddie asked.

   "Bailing you out of here, and taking you home." I replied.

   "You can't, my dad's girlfriend kicked me out." Eddie replied.

   "Why did she kick you out?" Jamie asked.

   "I came out to her and dad last night. At first she acted like she was all for me being gay, but then behind my back, she told me to get out, because she told me she didn't want a gay person in her family."

   "Does your dad know?" I asked.

   "No, she pulled a fast one, and told dad I went to a friend's house to stay." Eddie replied.

   I Immediately called Eddie's dad, telling him where to find us, and told him to bring a mask and gloves. Eddie's dad was very quick to show up, and be reunited with his son. 

   "Why are you here son? Annette told me you were at a friend's house!" Eddie's father asked.

   "She kicked me out without you knowing, telling me to come here, because she doesn't want me in the family!" Eddie replied, "She lied to you about her being fine with me being gay!" 

   Eddie's father's face, suddenly turned into flat-out RAGE!

   "Get packed son, you're coming back home, I have a girlfriend to break up with. She will NOT put me against you, just because she's anti-gay, I won't stand for that!" Eddie's father said.

   We all went back to Eddie's house, where Eddie got a shower the second he got home, then it was time to put his father's girlfriend in her place, and Eddie's dad wanted ALL of us to see it in action!

   "ANNETTE! GET YOUR LYING ASS OUT HERE NOW!" Eddie's dad yelled.

   "What?" Annette asked, seeming confused.

   "HOW DARE YOU NOT ONLY LIE TO ME, BUT KICK MY SON OUT OF MY HOUSE, JUST FOR BEING WHO HE IS????" Eddie's dad yelled.

   "I'm sorry Harry, but I don't want him in my house!" Annette fired back.

   "FIRST OF ALL ANNETTE, THIS IS MY HOUSE, YOU'RE JUST LUCKY TO BE HERE! SECONDLY, YOU DO NOT TELL MY SON TO DO ANYTHING! YOU DID NOT GIVE BIRTH TO HIM, SO YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ORDER HIM AROUND UNLESS I GIVE YOU PERMISSION, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!" Eddie's father yelled again, he was pretty fired up at this point.

   "Why are you making such a big deal about this?!" Annette asked, "You weren't even home."

   "I WAS......... FORGET IT, GET YOUR ASS UPSTAIRS, PACK YOUR SHIT, AND LEAVE MY HOUSE! WE ARE THROUGH! DO YOU HEAR ME?!" Eddie's dad fired back.

   "Where am I going to go?!" Annette asked.

   "FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF WHILE YOU PACK, BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT BE COMING BACK HERE AGAIN! THAT IS A PROMISE I'LL SEE THAT YOU KEEP!" Eddie's dad yelled.

   Eddie proceeded to take Annette by the arm, forcing her to go upstairs to pack. It took her no less than three hours to pack, after which Eddie's father opened the door, and as she exited, he put his foot to her backside, giving her a good shove so she went out faster, then he shut the door behind her. After she was gone, you would have never known anything was wrong, because Eddie's dad calmed down almost instantly.

   "I'm sorry you had to see that Mike and Jamie, I just cannot believe she did that to Eddie. Eddie knows I will always love him no matter what, whether he's gay, bi, straight, fat, thin, whatever. She had no right doing that without my consent. Even if she had asked me, I still wouldn't have let her kick him out, he's MY son, not hers." Eddie's dad said, seeming instantly much calmer.

   We stayed at Eddie and his dad's house for a while, but then had to go. By then, Annette was long gone. Apparently, she had either taken an Uber, or other public transit to the airport, she would have a long night ahead of her, trying to catch a flight out of state. Jamie and I headed for home, where her hubby was waiting to take her home. Once Jamie and I said our goodbyes, I watched her and Ted go down the road the five minutes to her house, which I could watch for a couple minutes, before Ted's car had to make a left turn about a mile away, then I went inside to get to bed.

   Tomorrow would be a much easier day, where Eddie's dad would invite Jamie and I to a backyard barbeque. Everyone would have the time of their lives, and Eddie would catch me completely off guard, with something he wanted to know.

   TO BE CONTINUED.........................................................................................................................