The Mystery Man Part 11

Trixie looked at me with the most serious look I've ever seen, then she said something that I almost couldn't believe, pointing to Ron.

"You and Ron are biological brothers." Trixie said.

"You can't be serious, this has to be a joke." I replied.

"I'm not kidding you Mike, everything you just told me just confirmed it. Ron's last name and your match, his mother went by the same name, you were both born in the same hospital, a few years apart of course, but Ron is in fact your brother." Trixie said.

"But how? Mom never told me about him!" I replied.

"With as nasty as your mother is, I'm surprised she told you what day it was." Trixie said, "Of course she wasn't going to tell you that you had a brother, she wouldn't want you to be happy, that's why she put him up for adoption before you were born, so you wouldn't know anything about him."

"Does Ron know?" I asked.

"No, I haven't told him yet either, I wanted you to know first." Trixie said.

Trixie even showed me Ron's birth certificate, and sure enough, everything she said was true. I couldn't believe that for 24 years, I never knew I had an older brother, but now I do. After Trixie got finished showing me everything, she waved Ron over. He walked over to show him my sign-in sheet for getting into the club, when she did, I watched as Ron's eyes got really big, then he looked at me.

The next thing I knew, I had a 6'6", near 400-pound man, shedding tears of joy, as both of us hugged each other. Ron made sure to be careful, as I was still recovering slightly from my accident. For the rest of the night, Ron never left my side. Trixie would normally politely ask Ron to go back to his duties, but I think she knew now, that Ron had a new top priority, which was taking care of me, his younger brother.

Having wonderful events like this take place, is something that we can all look back on as a fond memory, however, we all know that happy events don't often last. Even though I knew I would never lose Ron as my brother, or my friend, tragedy was about to rear its ugly head once again, where sadly, an important part of my life was about to be taken from me.

TO BE CONTINUED.................................................................................................................