Speedster Down

Imagine: Makkari is injured during an ambush.

——————————————————————

They initially thought it was going to be an easy mission.
But they were wrong.

The jungle was alive with noise. Animals, streams of water, the wind. It all seemed to be in sync. Connected.
It was a shame the beautiful day had to be ruined.

The group was out for a walk through a forest they had loved to visit. It was a serene place.

What they weren't prepared for, was six deviants attacking all at once. Let alone, attacking them.
When they spotted the first, they all simultaneously crouched and hid.

Sprite had come up with a clever distraction, giving Thena the time to sneak up on the first Deviant they came across that day.
A panther like deviant with the body of a wolf.
Just as Thena was about to take it down, Sprite was pummeled to the ground, the illusion breaking, leaving Thena exposed.
It was another Deviant.
The others, who had been standing bye, jumped into action.
Druig dropped from the tree he had been sitting in, Makkari moving from behind the same tree's thick trunk.
Kingo was watching events unfold as he guarded Ajak, when suddenly, a giant paw swatted him into a nearby bush of thorns.
He grunted as he landed and Ajak called out to him in worry.
Phastos radar picked up more movement.

"Guys, we have a problem!"
Ikarus launched himself at the deviant that had taken down Kingo.
"There's another one headed our way! And its fast!"

Makkari perked up at that.
Everyone knew she was fast, her reaction time impeccable. But today, the deviant taking the form of a Cheetah, managed to grab hold of her.
Makkari managed to distract one, while the others attacked. As she was distracting the faster deviant, getting it to move out into open fields, she spotted two more locked in battle with Gilgamesh. Sersi rushed to his side as Makkari stopped to assess the situation. She sped over, knocking wind into the one focused on Sersi. She was just about to turn and speed off for another attack, when she was tackled.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Ajak and Druig rush over. She tried to wiggle under the weight of the deviant but it wouldn't budge.

The deviant bent its head, and with much force, bit into her shoulder.
She gasped in pain.
Before it could rip her shoulder from her body, Ikarus sent lasers across its back, forcing it to let go and making it screech in agony. He rammed its side, sending it flying.

Makkari rolled in pain, clutching her punctured shoulder.
Druig called out to her, rushing over.
"Makkari." He placed a hand on her opposite shoulder, rolling her gently onto her back.
"Shit!" The damage was pretty serious. She was bleeding intensely. Her face scrunched in silent agony, her breathing deep.
Druig frowned deeply, eyes alight with worry.
"Ajak!" She was by his side in seconds.

"Oh Makkari." She gently moved Makkari's hand from her shoulder and placed her palms flat against the puncture wounds.
Druig put a hand against her head, letting her know he was right there.
Her eyes moved from Ajak's face to his. She looked exhausted.
She was sweating and panting from pain, but managed a weak smile.

Druig smiled, before turning to check on the others. They managed to take them down after hard efforts. He turned back, looking to Ajak.

"They attacked us."
"We did attack their friend."
He shook his head.
"I don't think that's why. It feels...off."

As Makkari slowly sat up, Druig turned his gaze back to her and quickly switched places with Ajak as she went to check on the others.
"Are you feelin' better?"
She nodded, standing slowly.
"Careful...careful."
He stood with her, his gaze running over her as he checked for any other injuries.
"Good."
She smirked at him playfully and his brow rose in curiosity. So she was feeling better.
"Whaaat?"
She shrugged.
"Seeing you worry is always entertaining."
His eyes widened and he lifted his chin.
"Oh yeah?"
She nodded.
"Well its not often we have to say 'speedster down.' Distracted by how good I look in these pants?" He stepped back, placing his hands on his hips.
Makkari shoved him, unable to control her smile.
—————————————————————-

Even scared or worried, he's hot