Reunited pt. 2

Druig's pov
———————————————————
He was aching all over.
Damn that Ikaris. The punk.

More then being flung into the base of a volcano and receiving some lasers to his abdominal area; more then that, he hated being separated from Makkari and his friends. But mostly Makkari.

He heard her scream. As he was soaring unwillingly through the air. He felt so hopeless up there and it frustrated the hell out of him.

"That fucker couldn't fight me on the ground, fists up like real men?"

Druig knew why he'd done it, though.

Welp, he flew into the sun.
So now was the time to focus on being alive. To focus on the success of his sister's plan. Their victory.

And now was the time to focus on getting back to Makkari.
The walk was long as he covered the large expanse of the land and beach. He circled the rocks slowly, Sprite close behind him.
He apologized for hitting her with a rock and she surprisingly held no grudge.

Druig looked up, eyes squinting at the setting sun. Across the beach he saw them; saw Makkari's head turn. A smile spread across his face as he watched her jog through the sand.
That's the slowest he'd ever seen her run.
He was thankful too, considering how fragile he currently felt. Which was rather unusual for an Eternal.

Makkari wrapped her arms around him, and he did the same, a chuckle escaping from deep in his chest.
Weight lifted off his shoulders and pain was forgotten.
She released him and he brought his forehead to hers as she did the same. A hum escaped him as their foreheads met, and he whispered to her quietly.
"It's ok. I'm ok." As they rocked back and forth gently.
It was pure bliss and unadulterated happiness to be in her presence again. To have her with him, happy and alive. Though they were all pretty beat up, that was the last thing on their minds as they stood there together with their friends. Their family.

——————————————————

Hi everyone! It's been a while. Life hasn't exactly been all that great but these two make me giggle n make me happy. Hope you enjoy and have a good day <3