Slow Mornings

Imagine: A slow, peaceful morning in the Domo as the search for other eternals continues.

_____________________________________________________________________

Makkari stretched, hands sliding above her head, eyes blinking.

Was it early? It felt early.

The Domo floated through space at a steady speed. Inside, it lay completely still, and so did Makkari. Not even the slightest vibrations shook the floor. The air felt still.

She let out a breath, breathing smoothly, and closed her eyes, shifting onto her side. She tucked her hands under her cheek. Memories flashed behind her eyelids. She smiled and slowly opened her eyes, as if clinging to the vision.

I bet you could hear a pin drop, she thought as she sat up.

It didn't take long, though, for her to feel a shift against the stone. She felt gentle footsteps from the room across from hers and knew Thena had just gotten up. She took that as a sign to go ahead and get up as well.

Makkari stood from the mat she had rolled out the night before. It was thick enough to  keep her back from aching and soft enough to keep her comfortable.

She bent over and picked up the soft, black blanket she was covered with, folding it into a perfect rectangle shape, then rolled up the mat and placed them both in a corner. 

She debated changing into her black jeans and t-shirt before heading out into the garden room but decided against it.

Makkari had slept in a slightly oversized Gun's and Roses t-shirt and some black cotton shorts. She'd tied her curls into a silk scarf she'd collected on her travels but removed that and tied them into a loose bun before leaving her room.

She stepped through the door way and found Druig walking leisurely down the hall. He wore a grey hoodie and some matching sweatpants. His hair stood up in little tufts, his bangs a wild mess, like someone had run their hands through it. Or like he'd been shifting around all night. His hands were tucked into the pockets of the sweatpants. She smiled at the sight of him and tipped her chin in a gesture all their own.

"Rough night?"

Druig stopped next to her and grinned, removing his hands from his pockets.

He signed as he spoke, "Could have been worse."

His eyes trailed her and she shifted from one foot to the other, tilting her head to the side. Her arms were crossed against her chest. Their eyes met.

"You look angelic are you sure you just woke up?"

She rolled her eyes and unfolded her arms, unable to hide her teasing smile.

"You look like crap. Did you have trouble sleeping?"

"You wound me my love."  He put a palm over his chest.

Makkari shoved at him playfully and he laughed. They walked shoulder to shoulder as they made their way down the hall and into the garden. Thena sat at a stone table covered with fruits and cheeses. Pip and Eros accompanied her, Pip ripping into a Pear. Eros chewed slowly and politely on a strawberry. Thena matched his dining style.

Eros waved a good morning and Thena signed one, smiling at her friends.

What's for breakfast?

Thena replied, I've layed out a variety of fresh fruit and cheese, provided by Phastos before we took off.

Makkari picked up a green apple, squeezing it just slightly before biting into it. Her eyes nearly closed in bliss.

It was crunchy, the juice from the apple sliding smoothly down her throat. She nodded her approval. Druig grabbed some delicious looking mango and sat on the windowsill of one of the garden windows. Makkari took a seat next to him, folding her legs up onto the cold stone in criss-cross form. Her shirt shifted as she lifted the apple to her lips. The collar slipped, exposing one warm shoulder. She didn't bother fixing it.

Druig watched as it shifted and poked the exposed skin before moving the material back into place.

She turned her head to the side, making eye contact with him as she chewed. She rocked so that her shoulder would bump his and he chuckled. She shifted her gaze back to the apple in her hands, swallowed and took another bite. Her head turned in the other direction, in sync with Druig's, as they tuned in on their friends conversation.

The new team sat there conversing for an entire hour before deciding to get up and get the day truly started.

Nothing compared to slow mornings in their triangular fortress. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

First off: Hi. I'm back!

My life is a little crazy but I shall never forget this story.

Second: I want to write imagines set in the past as well, I'm just waiting for ideas to pop into my head. I think I have one brewing tho *wink*

Until next time lovies!