Dance Dance

Imagine: Somewhere in the first week of the search for the other eternals, Druig, Makkari, and Thena share a cherished moment on the Domo.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thena and Makkari had been unaware that Druig had stolen an old CD player from the house, along with some older CDs and snuck them onto the Domo.

He had exchanged some words with Phastos and he'd adjusted the way the CD player works so that Druig could enjoy his music.

The evening they found out about the 'magical music box', was unforgettable.

Makkari had been reading in front of Arashim's statue when she felt multiple vibrations shift through the cold stone of the floor.

She set down her book and stepped out of the room, slowly making her way down the hall. Her brows were drawn down in confusion.

She felt the beat of a song she had been somewhat familiar with. Not but a few seconds later, Thena spun past the open hall, her white hair like a beautiful curtain being moved by the wind. Makkari's eyes widened. She now recognized the beat as Mickey and Sylvia's 'Love is Strange'.

Makkari's eyes shifted to another figure that she had spotted shifting out of the corner of her eye. Druig was smiling as Thena danced.

He swayed as he made his way over to Thena.

She placed one hand on his shoulder and placed the other in his open palm. As they swayed together to the rhythm of the music, Makkari couldn't help the smile that crawled across her face.

That's when Thena caught her gaze, and Druig's eyes soon followed Thena's. She released him, at the same time, nudging him towards Makkari.

When he reached her, he took her hands in his, pulling her to the center of the room, dancing as he went.

Makkari's shoulders lifted in silent joy. Her eyes crinkled at the corners. Druig's expression matched hers.

She shifted her feet against the floor as she moved with him. She remembered when Kingo had shown her the song on his new looking phone. She had only been exposed to things like CD players and flip phones. So when the vibrations matched that of which a CD player or radio made, she's been surprised. Her favorite part of this song, however, was not the beat.

It was the lyrics.

The way Kingo signed them and mouthed them had her rolling. His expressions had been dramatic and passionate. She would forever be able to recognize this song.

She moved and flowed perfectly with the music, following the vibrations and currents of energy and bass that traveled beneath her feet and through her limbs. She matched Druig's movement too.

Her eyes shifted to his lips as he sang.

"Baaaaby. Oooh baaaabaayyy...my sweet baby...you're the one."

His eyes never left hers as he sang those lyrics and her heart swelled.

Her eyes traveled from his lips, over his soft face. She read his expressions and compared them with the words coming out of his mouth.

Gosh, he was her favorite person.

"Sorry Kingo. You are a definite second though."

Her face scrunched in joy as his hands moved to her hips, settling there with very little pressure before he took one of her hands from his shoulder and lifted his arm above their heads. She spun out slowly before being dragged back gently.

Thena clapped as she watched them and their attention went to her.

Druig caught something in her gaze.

Longing. For Gilgamesh and the evening they shared just like this. For years and years.

Makkari moved away from Druig as '(Having) The Time of My Life' came on.

She took Thena's hands, stepping from one foot to the other, following the beat.

Thena's eyes glistened with unshed tears as she smiled tenderly at her friend and sister. She opened one arm to Druig, who joined happily.

They danced together, laughing and maybe slipping a few tears in there as they thought of their family and the days past.