Act 1, Scene 3

"All I need is a change, all I need is a chance. All I know is I can't stay on the side,-" Waiting On A Miracle, Encanto

You had just finished practicing for MCC on your own properly, making sure to get comfortable with everything that you could. Leaving your chair and taking a quick stretch, you took a look out your open window (which you usually kept open for fresh air in the summer). It was sunny outside, birds were singing, flowers were blooming, it was on days like these the kids in your neighbourhood were often out and playing around.

You decided you would go out but at the same time, not really going out. Just grabbing a few books and sitting on the porch to read. It was your day off and since you had been streaming recently with your MCC group, you posted on instagram (You didn't like twitter) that you would be taking the day off, receiving many understanding comments on the post.

Taking out the bookmark of the book you've currently been reading, you left off where you ended, getting past a few chapters before you heard childish laughter coming towards your porch.

"Hi Miss Y/n!"

Around 6 children had gathered near your porch. It was a common occurrence when you were outside. Younger children were great listeners and great talkers. If they wanted to share stories with you they would and you would be their audience. But most of the time, only these 6 children were your real life audience if you dismissed the fact that you streamed.

Your actual audience. Fans who wanted you on stage. Was it sad that children only seemed to be the people who actually wanted you? No, not for you anyways. You were just grateful you moved into this neighbourhood with great kids. Kids who have never watched disney nor are allowed to.

It was odd, you thought, after speaking with their parents who met you. They didn't seem to want their children obsessed with electronics, so they didn't use them in the house and sent them outside to play. They would be exposed to technology in school anyways, so you shrugged it off and decided to share the magic of disney with the children in your own way, and they loved it.

"Do you have any stories for us today?" A girl no older than 5 asked you and you held up your book that had many pages.

"I've been reading this book so far."

"No!" They laughed, looking at the book that was obviously not the picture book that they were used to, "Your own stories! The ones from Disney!"

"Hmm," you pretended to think about it, "Have you ever heard about the Madrigal family?"

"Who are they?" they all asked in excitement, and you couldn't help but smile.

— — — — — — — — —

It seems you couldn't escape the songs made by Lin-Manuel Miranda because Tommy was singing Hamilton songs and Tubbo was singing along. Ranboo couldn't join for today's practice, he was doing something else.

To make up for Ranboo's absence, Tommy and Tubbo asked if you minded other people joining, to which you typed back that you didn't mind.

"Hello Will! Will meet U/n, U/n meet Wilbur!" Tommy introduced you to the new person who had joined the call enthusiastically. You didn't think Tommy would have been excited in introducing you to someone else. You underestimated how much you have bonded with your MCC team.

"Nice to meet you U/n." Wilbur, whom Tommy introduced, spoke. You thought about replying through a message but then you saw your soundboard in the corner of your eye and thought it would be quicker.

Out of all the words you recorded, you didn't have "hello" as one of them, so you mixed up Tommy's "HELP!" with Tubbo's "oh" to create-

"HEL-oh."

It was silent again before the laughter and you smiled, feeling accomplished that you managed to get them to laugh again.

"What- wha- What was that!?" Wilbur said through his laughter.

"U/n your soundboard is too much!" Tubbo exclaimed as he was the first to calm down from laughing.

You responded with "oh" and you hoped that you didn't kill your new friends making them laugh too much.

— — — — — — — — — —

As soon as everyone had calmed down, you were all practicing for MCC and Tommy started singing Hamilton again. This time Wilbur and Tubbo occasionally joined him. As much as you wanted to unmute your mic, you didn't, far too used to being in the shadows, behind that curtain. The work behind the background, unseen.

You swore you were changing, but nothing was as you slowly hopped between obstacles calmly with no rush, making sure to act like you were trying to do it precisely as you could.

Your chat seemed to notice your unusual silence. Yes, you didn't speak, but they could tell that you were feeling left out somehow. They were fighting amongst themselves with different ideas.

A voice changer? U/n has already said they weren't comfortable. For some reason I want to draw this out just to bring awareness. Plsss I wanna do that now too. It's alright U/n we can keep you company!

The chat kept going and going and you paused in-game, reading the chat. You smiled looking at their response. Things were changing, you reassured yourself. You had a chat in the first place, and they were watching you. Typing in-game you wrote, Thank you chat. You all made my day.

"Hey Y/n, do you like Hamilton?" you heard Wilbur ask and you zoned back into the sudden conversation you were pulled into.

Yeah. Wish I could sing along- You re-wrote that before you could send it.

Yeah. I'm jamming here as I listen to this odd HamiltonInnit version

Things were changing. And you were going to change along with it. One step at a time.