Act 1, Scene 6

"This could be the start of something new," Start of Something New, High School Musical

A/n: If it wasn't clear, the words in the brackets [*Name*: blah blah] is in game chat.

You weren't sure how to feel when you were invited by a green blob to his minecraft server. Sure, you had met the green blob in person before (it was a complete accident, you were out on vacation and he ended up being your plane buddy, you've both kept in contact since then), but you weren't sure about meeting other people.

"I promise you everyone is nice. You already know Tommy, Tubbo and Ranboo, and I've told you about George and Sapnap already. C'mon Y/n, please?"

You sighed before hesitantly speaking into your mic, "Clay I'll try it out, good enough?"

"Yes! Thank you! Y/- right I gotta call you U/n when you join the smp, uh- I don't care if you call me Dream or Clay when we play on the server, but try using Dream when we're doing lore- that is, if you wanna join in on the lore."

"Yeah, we'll have to do a raincheck on me joining the lore. I am perfectly fine just playing Minecraft for now."

Clay smiled from behind his computer. Y/n was getting more confident each day and he was proud of that. So much different from the Y/n he had first met on the plane, in which they bonded over how they were small content creators.

Years later he would have never guessed that both of them were now more popular, though Y/n's fame was more recent than his.

"I'll tour you tomorrow, okay?"

"Yup, see you tomorrow."

— — — — — — — —

Dream was not touring Y/n.

In fact, he was 20 minutes late and you decided to log in without him. Joining the Dream SMP discord server and hopping into a voice channel (making sure you were muted), you found your way out of the spawn.

Wilbur: U/n turn around

Behind you was Wilbur who then tossed you a flower.

U/n: Thanks
Wilbur: What vc you in?
U/n: vc 2

The familiar tune of someone joining and Wilbur's "Heyyy U/nnn!" entered your ears.

"Let me tour you around the smp, over here's the spawn, as you probably already know..."

You followed Wilbur around as he showed you around the smp, greeting Tommy in his dirt hut, Tubbo, Ranboo and their adopted piglin child Michael. Wilbur also introduced you to a few more people, one being George who had already heard about you and joined the vc.

"U/n I am so sorry about Dream. I've called him about 100 times and he won't pick up."

U/n: It's alright, he's probably sleeping, which is what I heard you usually do

You and George managed to get along pretty well, and joined you and Wilbur on your tour around the smp. Once you had finished, they left you on your own devices to explore and create your own base/home.

Your stream was also pretty excited about the fact that you joined the Dream SMP. Already used to you collecting materials to build, they had started their own conversation amongst themselves about how you might fit into lore. You decided not to mention anything about you not joining lore since they already were excited and didn't want to dampen the mood.

You had started building your base a few thousand blocks away from the smp. Dream told you about the chaos that had happened before, and you didn't want your building to be blown up, so you started your base next to a river.

Halfway in, Dream finally joined and profusely apologized for forgetting about touring you, despite being so eager for you to join the smp yesterday. So, he offered you more of the required blocks you needed to build your base (he understood that you didn't want your building blown up or part of any lore) as an apology and helped you build.

He asked about who toured you and you told him that Wilbur did.

"Huh, he's much closer to you than I thought." He mumbled to himself, leaving you confused.

U/n: We're friends? Aren't friends supposed to be close??

"Yeah, but I'm still your best friend though, right?"

U/n: I dunno Dream, Wilbur seems like the better best friend right now. At least he wasn't the one who forgot about me joining the smp today
TommyInnit: Yeah DREAM
Wilbur: Suck it green boi

You laughed as Dream sputtered, saying that he already apologized.

U/n whispered to Dream: but yeah, you're currently still one of my best friends

Dream smiled, saying thank you before pausing, "Wait... best friends? Who else do you know?"

U/n: I may be a bit introverted but that doesn't mean I don't have friends Dream, so rude
Tubbo: U/n is my friend Dream sotop being man
Ranboo: I second that, *stop *mean
GeorgeNotFound: Wow Dream, being such a bully

At least the smp wasn't as bad as you thought it would be.