Act 2, Scene 7

"A million dreams for the world we're gonna make." A Million Dreams, The Greatest Showman

Wilbur loves being your friend. He knows this as a fact.

As he grew to know you, you eventually became his best friend, despite the small amount of time you had known him compared to his other friends. It was as if you both just... clicked together.

He watched you grow as a person and is really proud.

From the shy, reserved, always in the shadows to a person who is still slightly shy, but can open up and show you all the brilliant stars that hid amongst the shadows. Something you've never seen before unless you looked closely. And Wilbur is glad that he did.

From recording lore, from talking, from hanging out, you know each other and your dreams.

You've helped him in trying to write his songs, or giving him inspiration. He helped you by giving you his support. Being your cheerleader as you stepped out of your comfort zone to shine in the light Wilbur knew you deserved.

And you finally got it. A lead role.

As the two of you got into your own call after leaving the SBI call, he watched as you couldn't help your smile, and he returned it, your excited smile being so infectious.

"I'm really proud of you Y/n."

At his change of voice, you looked back on your phone screen to see Wilbur staring at you with so much pride, your heart was filled with so much warmth. Tears of joy started to blur your vision.

"I wouldn't be here without you Wil. Thank you for being my friend."

"And I too thank you for being my friend."

You wiped your tears before they could fall and you could feel your cheeks starting to hurt from smiling.

"Did you already-"

"Yup, bought tickets to the very first show. All of us did." Wilbur replied, his own smile softening at your tears of joy.

He was just so damn happy and proud of you.