Act 2, Scene 8

"Kiss me goodbye, I'm defying gravity, and you can't pull me down!" Defying Gravity, Wicked

You expected the backlash. You expected trolls. You expected strangers to suddenly slide into your dms to say something that wasn't true.

But the thing was... you've never really ever been popular enough before to know how to deal with these situations.

Luckily, you had all your friends for you to support you. Especially Wilbur, who had come to your place after hearing that you were getting rude dms. He also said that he was going to come early anyways so that you two could hang out before the day of your first performance.

"Honestly, some people just don't know how to be nice anymore. Either just be nice, or keep your negative comments to yourself!" Wilbur complained to you and you felt like sweatdropping on him.

It was as if he was getting attacked too.

Wilbur suddenly turned to you, making you jump slightly before saying, "Any offence towards you is an offence against me, got it?"

...Did he just read your mind? Either way, you quickly nodded.

"Don't listen to them, okay?" Wilbur told you, wanting to make sure you weren't actually bothered by all the comments that said hurtful things.

"I won't." You replied, smiling internally at his protectiveness. You got yourself a good friend.

— — — — — — — —

*Ding Dong*

"Y/n, I'm getting the door!" Wilbur called as he headed towards the front door.

"Alright! I'll be there in a sec! I can't find my phone!" You replied, trying to find your phone which had somehow disappeared.

Wilbur opened the door to be met with a guy holding flowers.

"Sorry, is Y/n here right now?" the mystery guy asked, and Wilbur's suspicious mode activated.

"Who are you?" Wilbur completely ignored his question, a slight cold tone in his voice.

"I'm-"

"Sorry Wil, turns out my phone was in my pocket this whole time!" You appeared from the hallway, holding your phone and looking at its notifications, "Anyways, who was as the door-" You cut yourself off as you looked up and noticed the two males looking at you.

"Oh! Jared!" You smiled and walked forward, Wilbur stepping aside so that 'Jared' could give you the flowers.

"I got you flowers as a congratulations." Wilbur gave a slight glare at Jared before purposely clearing his throat to catch your attention.

"Right! Wilbur, this is Jared, my boyfriend. Jared, you already know Wilbur, my best friend."

"It's nice to meet you in person, Wilbur! Y/n has talked about you before and showed me your videos! They're nice." Jared complimented, holding his hand out for a shake.

"Thanks." Wilbur shook his hand, albeit stiffly.

Suddenly, Wilbur gets new lyric ideas forming in his head.

A/N: Yeah, now he's met Jared.

Haha, I had the idea and thought it would be funny.

Of course, if you don't want Y/n dating, Jared doesn't exist. This little bit was not too significant. It was just a fun idea I wanted to add.

The last chapter is going to be posted in a couple of hours, thank you everyone for this amazing journey!