(2) 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬 ✓

Chapter two

Chapter two

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE PUNCHES THE BAG, letting out all her frustrations as she uses her pole to land powerful blows. Adelaide let's out a noise as she hits the punching bag one more time, sending it across the room. Her breathing was heavy as sweat glistened her skin, the pole still in her hand.

Claps echo through the room making Adelaide turn her head to see Alec standing near the opening of the training room. She only turns to him, bringing her pole up to her arm. Grabbing some water, she practically inhales it as she stares at the man. "Nice form." Alec states and she only nods her head. Putting the bottle down, she raises an eyebrow at him.

"Are you here to spar?" She asks as she gestures towards the poles. Alec shakes his head, looking at the girls complexion before clearing his throat.

"No, I'm done training for today." He tells her as he puts his hands in his pockets. Adelaide only smirks, her tongue poking the inside of her cheek.

"You scared I'll beat you?" Adelaide questions, she and Alec didn't train much anymore but she knew the man gave it his all every single time.

"That is not what I'm scared of." He retorts with a roll of his eyes. She notices that he goes to turn around and so she only grabs his arm, giving it a yank.

"Come on, Alec." She whines as she pulls at his arm, Alec glances down at her hand before meeting her eyes once again. He clears his throat a little bit as he pulls his arm away. "We can make a bet." She suggests with a smirk as she thinks for a moment before she trails her finger down his arm. "If you win, you get to boss me around-" Adelaide knew it would get his attention but he only squints his eyes, not seeing the big appeal.

"I am in charge." Alec states bluntly and Adelaide only laughs, shrugging her shoulders. No one really looked at him like a leader, Jace and Isabelle mainly did whatever they wanted.

"Do I ever actually listen to you?" Adelaide asks him and she can see his jaw clench as he glances down at the ground. He knew she was right, it was a good bet because then he could actually get her to follow his plans. "But if I win, you get to let me lead the next mission." She says with a smirk as she crosses her arms. Alec immediately starts laughing, thinking she was joking but she only stares at him with a deadpan expression.

"No way." Alec tells her, shaking his head as he continues to laugh. Adelaide only purses her lips, squinting her eyes at the man.

"Wow, you really think you can't win." Adelaide tries to gaslight him as Alec's laughs decrease. Alec only takes a step towards her, biting the inside of his cheek.